AH Bracks Library reopened on 10 September 2018 and has brought together art, technology, local history, science and literature to create a space that is more than just a library, but a true creative space.
With the reopening there was a new dedicated children’s room created. We recently visited to check it out and found the room such a fun space.
As expected there are heaps of children’s books but there are also big comfy pillows, reading nooks, puzzles, toys and games. This was such a relaxed, inviting space that we spent a fair amount of time in there reading and doing puzzles together.
The rest of the library is really open with plenty of seating options, including booths and lounge seating.
A great feature that I haven’t seen anywhere else before are ride and read exercise bikes. These allow people to exercise while they read. This is such a great initiative! As a student myself, I will definitely love to use this when studying for my next exam.
The library also houses some local history in the “Curiosity Cabinet”. I was really surprised how interested Miss 4 was in the items, with her asking plenty of questions and wanting to try and get a better look. Because there’s only a small selection, it’s not too overwhelming for the little kids and a great introduction to history.
AH Bracks Library holds baby rhyme time (suitable up to 2 years old) during school term at 9.30am on Tuesdays and Thursdays and also at 2pm on Thursdays. Storytime (suitable for 2-5 year olds) is held at 10.30am each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday during school term.
The library is open:
Monday to Thursday: 9.00am – 7.00pm
Friday: 9.00am – 6.00pm
Saturday: 9.00am – 1.00pm
Sunday: 11.00am – 3.00pm
AH Bracks Library is located at the corner of Stock Road and Canning Highway in Melville.
- Café du Quartier, Herne Hill - July 31, 2019
- Einsteins Top Secret Science Slime Party - June 28, 2019
- Hard Rock Hotel, Bali - June 6, 2019
- Coventry Village Play Area, Morley - May 3, 2019
- Kids Town Galleria Shopping Centre - May 1, 2019
- Riverton Bar & Grill, Riverton - March 6, 2019
- Theo & Co. Pizzeria, East Victoria Park - February 17, 2019
- Gymbakids, LeisureFit Melville - February 17, 2019
- Pimlott & Strand, Dianella - January 18, 2019
- Embargo on the Point, Perth - December 20, 2018