The Artesian Hot Tub at the Peron Homestead Precinct in Denham is definitely worth adding to your bucket list of things to do in the Shark Bay area. Pack a picnic / BBQ and aim to spend a few hours here relaxing in the hot tub, playing on the large grassed surrounding area and doing the 45mins Pepper Trail tour which takes you to the Peron Homestead. Facilities including a changing room, drop toilet, BBQ (2), shelter, picnic tables and a large grassed area for games and running around. The hot tub is fully gated and enclosed which is great if you have little ones to watch over!
We got there around 4pm and it was already getting busy so we were lucky to grab the second picnic table for our group.
The hot tub is HOT, usually around 40c on most days so watch the kids don’t get too hot or dehydrated and I would suggest they don’t stay in for too long. Ours started to look fairly red and hot after 5 minutes or so. The water is bore water so don’t go into the tub with your expensive designer white bikini because it will never look white again!
After our dip and BBQ we decided to have a look around before the sun set. The Pepper Trail tour is a self-guided tour and was actually really interesting to see how the old pastoral station worked and includes the shearing shed, shearers quarters, stockyard and the worker’s kitchens.
The kids loved running around and exploring the catching pens pretending to catch each other and round themselves up into the pens.
There’s even an old fridge!
And this old-fashioned oven and stove.
The Pepper Trail was full of animal delights and we saw bobtails, birds and an echidna!
We watched this little fellow for about 20 minutes roaming around digging his nose into the sand and licking up ants and insects. Such a fantastic sight for the kids to see one in the wild doing his thing.
The kids decided on one more dip before we left to head back to the campsite.
- What’s on this week for families in Perth - November 30, 2018
- Public Holidays WA - November 21, 2018
- Club Med Malaysia – Cherating Beach - November 19, 2018
- Guilderton Caravan Park WA - November 18, 2018
- The Rainbow Jungle Parrot Breeding Centre, Kalbarri - November 5, 2018
- Kalbarri National Park Z-Bend River Trail Lookout and Walk - October 30, 2018
- Bluff Knoll with Kids, Stirling Ranges - October 30, 2018
- Kids Sailing Perth – Tiny Tackers at Hillarys Yacht Club - October 29, 2018
- Shaana Cafe Yallingup - October 23, 2018
- Cycling on Rottnest Island - October 14, 2018