Ashley and Friends Day a bi-annual event returns to Whiteman Park on Sunday 10th September 2017, and it promises to a great day out for train enthusiasts old and young.
Presented by the Bennett Brook Railway, children can get up close and personal with Ashley and his steam engine friends – Planet, Rosalie, Betty Thompson, Fremantle and Wyndham in a day packed full of fun! There’ll be hissing steam engines, dirty diesels and laden carriages – all under the watchful eye of their very own station master.
Ticket prices are $20 for everyone over the age of two with all proceeds going towards the upkeep of Bennett Brook Railway which has delighted children (and adults) for over 25 years and is operated by a team of dedicated volunteers. A cause well worth supporting! Tickets can be purchased in advance for just $15 by calling the booking office on 9534 3215 or booking online
The ticket price includes unlimited rides on the trains and buses, entry into the Old MacDonald’s Farmyard display, free entry into Revolutions Transport Museum, Fire Engine Display by FESA, Bus Museum and Vintage Car display and the Scout display – what more can you want!
The event takes place over two areas of Whiteman Park – the Village Junction Station and Mussel Pool Station. For an additional fee, you’ll also find bouncy castles, amusement rides and fairground games and a variety of food and drink stalls at both locations.
Prams and pushchairs are not allowed onto the trains, so there is a free secure storage area included in the ticket price. Just don’t forget to collect your pushchair at the end of the day! If you have a younger child that is reliant on a pushchair, it might be best to take along a baby carrier as you will only have use of the pushchair at one location.
For more information see the Facebook event page or Bennett Brook Railway website.
- Why a girls’ school from day one? - February 12, 2020
- How To Prepare Yourself For Your Next Big Exam - January 12, 2020
- School Holiday Activities Perth 2020 - January 2, 2020
- Penrhos College Kindergarten students ask – ‘How best can we help animals to survive?’ - December 20, 2019
- Places Where You Can Go Camping In Perth - November 5, 2019
- How to Buy The Ideal Baby Thermometer - October 15, 2019
- INTERGENERATIONAL BIG BETHANIE BAKE OFF RETURNS FOR SIXTH YEAR - October 2, 2019
- How To Choose The Best Tutors Online To Help Your Kids - September 17, 2019
- FUN-FILLED FAMILY EVENING SUPPORTING CHILDREN’S CANCER RESEARCH - September 11, 2019
- Best Beds for Kids in Perth: Essential Tips When Choosing a Bed for Your Kids - September 7, 2019