Basq, found opposite Grand Cinemas at Currambine Central, is in the perfect location for a pre-movie lunch or family dinner. The Currambine area is quite a hub of family-friendly restaurants. We like Basq, as it has delicious, well-cooked food and it welcomes children. The modern European restaurant has a stylishly modern fit out and a friendly atmosphere. It’s a very open and airy space, with high ceilings and huge windows.
For the kids, there is a menu which doubles as a colouring in sheet to keep them occupied.
There are taste bud tempting dishes on the kid’s menu. Plenty of favourites and steak and chips, which older children may enjoy. There are high chairs for little ones.
Styled as “tapas”, the menu has small share plates, as well as more substantial options for those who don’t like to share their food. The drinks menu at Basq will suit all tastes and there’s always room for a cheeky cocktail or two…
I choose the braised beef cheeks dish, the lush meat soft and lip-smackingly delicious. The roasted potatoes were crisp. Also on the plate were green beans, a parsnip puree, radish and pistachios.
The steak was tasty and cooked perfectly medium, as requested and served with chips, salad and a choice of sauce.
Little Chef gave his lunch the big thumbs up! The kid’s fish and chips is a generous serve. The fish is fresh and coated with a crisp golden batter, served with a pile of fries, a dressed salad and plenty of sauce.
For dessert, we shared a scrumptious chocolate fudge brownie.
I like the rustic vibe and it matches the European tapas menu perfectly. Basq is the kind of bustling restaurant that you’d usually find in the inner suburbs of Perth or Fremantle. It’s my go-to local restaurant for a quality family meal.
Find Basq at:
1244 Marmion Ave
- Joondalup Growers Market, Joondalup - September 19, 2019
- Sue and Tim’s Strawberry Farm, Wanneroo - September 12, 2019
- S&R Orchard Saku Blossom Festival - September 12, 2019
- Araluen Botanic Park, Roleystone - September 9, 2019
- Holly Rayes, Bassendean - September 5, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide to Crown Perth with Kids - September 3, 2019
- Dome Cafe, Bassendean - August 31, 2019
- Old Perth Road Markets, Bassendean - August 31, 2019
- Western Australian Rail Transport Museum, Bassendean - August 27, 2019
- Cafes with Healthy Kids Menus in Perth - August 22, 2019