Bennett Brook Railway is situated in Whiteman Park and is staffed solely by volunteer members of the Western Australia Light Railway Preservation Association. It was formed in 1976 and makes a great day out for the whole family. Hop on board the steam or diesel train and be taken for a journey through Whiteman Park’s Banksia woodlands.
Bennett Brook railway operates the following schedule:
Weekends and public holidays 11.00am – 4.00pm,
School Holidays daily 11.00am – 3.00pm
Wednesdays and Thursdays at 11.00am, 12.00pm and 1.00pm.
During the week you can enjoy a scenic trip around the bushland loop departing from the Village Station. On weekends and public holidays services operate half hourly from the Village Junction Station on hourly from Mussel pool.
All day tickets are $8.00 for adults, $7.00 for Seniors, $4.00 for children aged 6-16yrs and $2.00 for children under 6.
If you are on the hunt for a unique party location then the party coach at Bennett Brook Railway may just be the place that you are looking for. The party coach and the accompanying fenced in Subiaco Train Station can be hired for $200. This comes with use of the facilities of the Subiaco room which includes a microwave, pie warmer, fridge, kettle and a 6 burner BBQ. The hire cost also includes a free train ride for up to 24 kids and 10 adults.
The Bennett Brook Railway run the very popular Friends of Ashley Day at Whiteman Park which is a fantastic day out for train enthusiasts and fans of a certain blue television character named Thomas.
Find more things to do in the Swan Valley
Find more miniature railways in Perth
- Little Herberts, Wembley - January 22, 2020
- Bathers Beach House, Fremantle - December 11, 2019
- Charter 1 Sailing, Fremantle - November 20, 2019
- Old Wild West, Hillarys - November 7, 2019
- Ivy & Jack, Perth City - October 4, 2019
- Pixar Putt Perth - October 3, 2019
- Why Should Men In Perth Start Using Beauty Subscription Boxes - September 16, 2019
- Key Tips On Finding Great Product Deals For Parents - September 13, 2019
- Kien Strawberry Farm - August 19, 2019
- Penrhos salutes and supports Perth Super Parents - August 6, 2019