Bindoon Bakehaus – I had been hearing about this lovely establishment from my father for years. He drives past on his way to work and never fails to drop in for one of their delectable Five Senses Coffees. The building itself is the first commercial development in Bindoon for 40 years and was nominated for an award for its beautiful construction. It is very light – soaring wooden beams and panels roofing the inside, vaulted, modern patio outside with bare brickwork and warm wood throughout. Artwork is hung on the walls and a small gift section is set up by the main counter. (Photo courtesy of Bindoon Bakehaus Website)
The counter is filled with illicit treats like the Salted Caramel Tartlets, Lamingtons, Custard Tarts and the much lauded Carrot Cake. They also have a range of savoury pies and pastries to eat there or take away, gorgeous fresh baked bread loaves and a great menu.
(Photo courtesy of Bindoon Bakehaus Website)
The staff are bright and welcoming. They took the time to answer my 4YO’s innumerable questions and all with a smile and a laugh. We ordered some Carrot Cake, coffee, two babycino’s and some gingerbread. These were all delivered to our table outside where we were seated by a family who had brought along their schnauzer – apparently puppies are welcome on the patio too!Inside the building is the ‘Kiddie’s Bakehaus’ where the staff lay out silky dough (fresh daily) and cooking utensils on a long bench set up as a mock kitchen with a toy oven at one end.My boys, (who I should point out have attention spans equal to gnats), played for nearly an hour creating meals, shaping dough, cutting out “cookies” and generally having a blast. Dad and I ordered another coffee and settled in to enjoy ourselves.If your kids want a little more activity there is a lovely playground just up the road. Also, keep an eye out for roadside farmers stalls – we picked up a heap of beautiful local produce on our way home.
- 3 ways to have a stress-free family trip to Sydney - June 1, 2019
- Bayswater Hotel, Bayswater - May 22, 2019
- Ways to Encourage Your Kids to Do Things - May 1, 2019
- Best Places To Visit In Perth With Your Motorhome - April 13, 2019
- School Holiday Activities Perth 2019 - April 2, 2019
- Reading for Sure - February 4, 2019
- The healthiest family-friendly restaurants in Perth - December 20, 2018
- Mediation – A More Effective Way To Separate - December 18, 2018
- Family Friendly Events in Perth for November (2018) - October 24, 2018
- Family Cab - October 24, 2018