We called into Black Rock Cafe for breaky and it was the perfect pit stop to load up before heading back to Perth. It’s on the main drag and is super popular as it is also next to the Murchison River Caravan Park. Plenty of seating and kid friendly. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner it’s recommended you book especially for later in the day as they do fill up quickly in the peak season. The staff were so accommodating and efficient with friendly service. Nothing was too much of a bother and considering the amount of dietary requests I rattled off it was lovely to not feel like a painful customer. The food was fresh, light and tasty which was wonderful after a week long Weber Q meat fest! The kids ordered baked beans on toastand a kids serve of pancakes which came with a little pot of fruit salad and a jug of thick maple syrup that I had to retrieve from my son before he started drinking it!We ordered poached eggs, salmon and avocado on toastwith a gluten free choc-berry tart on the side which came out with whipped cream. It was yummy…apparently!The coffee was divine and they even had almond milk which was a pleasant surprise as I was beginning to think gluten free and dairy free were taboo words in parts up north. We got some take aways for the journey which were great too.The best part of the restaurant (besides the great food and wonderful service) is the view. No doubt the draw card for patrons to flock for a lovely meal with family and friends to enjoy the gorgeous setting sun.
80 Grey Steet
Kalbarri, Western Australia
(08) 9937 1062
Black Rock Cafe is fully licensed and offers casual dining for breakfast and lunch, with all day coffee and cake available. Opening times are Tuesday to Sunday 7am to 2.00pm. Neat casual attire is required for dinner which is available from 5.30pm to 8.30pm Thursday to Saturday night. (Closed Mondays)
Please note: times may be subject to change during off-peak times.
- Strike Bowling, Carousel - January 4, 2019
- Holey Moley Carousel - January 4, 2019
- Wayman Reserve, East Fremantle - November 22, 2018
- Brook 508 Cafe & Restaurant, Roleystone - November 8, 2018
- Roleys on the Ridge, Roleystone - September 7, 2018
- Fairies Forever Birthday Parties, Armadale - September 6, 2018
- LaBuda Juice Bar, North Beach - September 6, 2018
- Waroona Dam – Lake Navarino - September 6, 2018
- Waroona Hotel, Waroona - September 6, 2018
- Champion Lakes Nature Space and Ampitheatre - August 10, 2018