Tucked away in the Byford foothills lies the very impressive state of the art “multi-purpose” Byford & Districts Country Club and it’s open to the public. There is a teensy hitch – in order to enjoy their fantastic facilities one of your party needs to become a member or be a guest of a member. Don’t be put off! I rocked up on my own with my kids and the whole process was super easy. Just pay the $10 fee, fill in a membership form and hand it in at the bar. Done…and it’s totally worth it. The place is brilliant. If competitive bowls or pool are not your thing, fret not, the club has a great restaurant and bar and is very family friendly. Sunday is dedicated to family fun with live music, free kids entertainment including a bouncy castle, face painter and even an ice cream truck at the front.
There is a Kids Zone room indoors which has heaps of toys and activities to keep little ones amused. The day we went it was sunny and warm so the amazing outdoor setting was perfect. The bouncy castle and face painting kept little miss happy and my son found some friends playing soccer!There is plenty of seating to choose from both in and outdoors, though we had to wait a little to swoop in on an outdoor couch setting as it was really busy. So be sure to get in early.Despite it being packed the service was amazing, efficient and the food divine! We ordered fish and chips and nuggets and chips off the kids menu. I ordered the pate tasting plate with cranberry jam, fresh fig and pistachio which was delicious! The views are spectacular and a popular spot for the locals to enjoy a balmy arvo sipping a beer watching the sunset with family and friends. Winter is just as welcoming indoors with plenty of options and events to keep you coming back for more.And with a new playground being installed the club will no doubt increase in popularity over the coming years as a foothills hotspot for thirsty patrons with hungry little tummies in tow!Check out their facebook page for upcoming events and all the latest info.
- Turquoise Bay, Cape Range National Park - March 8, 2019
- RAC Exmouth Cape Holiday Park - March 8, 2019
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Bicton - March 8, 2019
- Strike Bowling, Carousel - January 4, 2019
- Holey Moley Carousel - January 4, 2019
- Wayman Reserve, East Fremantle - November 22, 2018
- Brook 508 Cafe & Restaurant, Roleystone - November 8, 2018
- Roleys on the Ridge, Roleystone - September 7, 2018
- Fairies Forever Birthday Parties, Armadale - September 6, 2018
- LaBuda Juice Bar, North Beach - September 6, 2018