Tucked deep in the heart of Kelmscott just steps from the foothills is a very unassuming café. Blink and you may very well miss this one, but try not to – it’s a goodie. Café 16 Kelmscott is serving up some delicious meals as well as coffee, cake and everything in between.We went there recently for breakfast and were not disappointed. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were friendly and efficient. We had french toast with bacon and maple syrup and a huge plate of poached eggs with loads of extras on sour dough. Our meals were fresh, tasty and plentiful. This really was good value for money for the quality and size of the meals.
They do Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner as well as coffee and cake if you prefer something lighter.Their dinner menu sounds delish and we will certainly be returning.
Café 16 Kelmscott post the weekly specials menu on their Facebook page so be sure to check them out. Café 16 specialise in curries – coconut beef, fish & mango at reasonable prices and sure to be a huge hit with local curry fans. For those not so keen on curry there are plenty of other options to suit all taste buds. Beef parmi, barramundi and steak served with garlic, mushroom or blue cheese sauce certainly sounds inviting.
Little ones are catered for too with their own kids menu, as are people with dietry requirements. My gluten free French toast was awesome!Plenty of seating options both inside and out. There is some funky décor happening inside which is definitely vibrant, and plenty of room if you have a pram in tow.We opted to sit outside in the little, but lovely alfresco area to soak up some sunshine and enjoy the views of the foothills. Cafe 16 offers dine in or takeaway.
1 Melody Street Kelmscott
OPEN: Tuesday & Wednesday: 11:00am – 3:30pm; Thursday 11:00am – 3:00pm & 5:30 – 8:30pm;
Friday & Saturday 8:00am – 3:00pm & 5:30pm – 8:30pm;
Sunday 8:00 am – 3:00pm
Call: 6391 8333
- Raeburn Orchards, Roleystone - May 17, 2019
- Portside Grill Hillarys – CLOSED - May 8, 2019
- Cafe 16, Kelmscott - May 8, 2019
- Sampson House, Fremantle - May 8, 2019
- Heritage Walk Trail One, Fremantle Cemetery - May 8, 2019
- Rick’s Rookies West Coast Eagles Membership - May 8, 2019
- Turquoise Bay, Cape Range National Park - March 8, 2019
- RAC Exmouth Cape Holiday Park - March 8, 2019
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Bicton - March 8, 2019
- Strike Bowling, Carousel - January 4, 2019