Situated within Riverton Forum Shopping Centre is Cafe Du Soleil, a neat cafe with a great selection of food, including a kids menu.
The food is filling and tasty, and there is a good selection available for children. My little Miss chose Vegemite sandwiches this time. However, there is a choice of Vegemite or peanut butter sandwich, fairy bread, a sandwich with cheese, ham and tomato, fish and chips, nuggets and chips, or a hot dog and chips.
Cafe Du Soleil offers all-day breakfast options, including a big breakfast, eggs Benedict, pancake stack with maple syrup and French toast with bacon and maple syrup.
More gourmet options include chicken parmigiana, open-faced tuna melts, club sandwiches, or a selection of burgers, or rolls and wraps such as the chicken Caesar, Cajun classic, and the seafood panino. There is also a glass case of cakes and sweets at the very front, as well as biscuits in jars on the counter.
For our visit, we ordered a kids plate of Vegemite sandwiches for little Miss, nachos for me, and chicken surprise for hubby. The sandwiches come with the option of white or wholemeal bread, which is nice, as you don’t always get that option.
My nachos were slightly spicy and cheesy, with tasty strips of capsicum and onion in the salsa. The chicken surprise turned out to be diced pieces of chicken covered in mayonnaise and cheese, served on a bed of salad with chips on the side. The serves were generous, and neither hubby nor I could finish our meals.
Dining is available inside the cafe itself, or in chairs and booths opposite. There are lots of high chairs available, and plenty of room to pull up a pram.
Cafe Du Soleil also offers takeaway options, so you could grab a bite to eat and a coffee on the way to the park.
Cafe Du Soleil is located inside Riverton Forum, near Big W, on the corner of High Road and Willeri Drive, Riverton.
- The Cheeky Peach Patisserie Cafe, Tuart Hill - December 13, 2018
- Best Perth Mega Parks… Worth a Day Trip - December 6, 2018
- December Family Friendly Events in Perth - November 29, 2018
- Leisure World, Thornlie - November 20, 2018
- Best Parks For Birthday Parties in Perth - November 14, 2018
- Cool Kids Classes in Perth - November 7, 2018
- Bullsbrook Library, Bullsbrook - November 7, 2018
- The Mean Bean Diner, Bullsbrook - October 23, 2018
- Landsdale Farm School - October 23, 2018
- Herdsman Lake Wildlife Centre, Churchlands - October 10, 2018