To me, there’s not much sweeter than finding a gem of a brunch spot. When enjoying a staycation in Mandurah we had a lovely family breakfast at waterside Café Moka, found at Dolphin Quay, where the bustling café overlooks the marina.
First, Chef and I ordered a couple of flat whites ($4.50). The Toby’s Estate roast really hit the spot! And being Mothers Day I also got given a rose – what a lovely gesture!
Their all day breakfast menu features a well stocked big breakfast and other tastebud tempting dishes like house made chocolate granola, whipped fetta and avo “bruschetta”, hotcakes and much more. Be sure to check out their cabinet too, for daily cakes and treats.
Little Chef started off his decedent breakfast with a chocolate milkshake.
There’s a brekkie and lunch kids menu, as well as high chairs available for little ones.
I chose one of my favourite brunch dishes, Shakshouka (or Middle Eastern eggs). The braised eggs ($21.90) arrived in a very hot skillet of spiced tomato ragout with Turkish chorizo, dill yoghurt, halloumi, sumac & parsley. The usual toasted ciabatta was substituted for gluten free bread, which tasted surprisingly delicious.
Chef devoured his eggs benedict with spinach on ciabatta. Shaved leg ham is topped with perfectly poached eggs and drizzled with a creamy hollandaise sauce ($19.90).
Check out this show stopping brunch dish… Eight year old Little Chef tackled the adults sized banana and chocolate chip pancakes ($19.90). The kids version is pretty much the same, but with one pancake instead of three. Ginger snaps are scattered around the fluffy pancakes, which are drizzled in maple syrup and topped with house made banana ice cream and a blueberry compote. I can assure you it tastes as amazing as it looks!
We thoroughly enjoyed our brekkie at Café Moka and I’d travel from Joondalup to Mandurah just for their tasty food again.
Thanks to Mandurah & Peel Tourism Organisation (MAPTO) Amanda and her family were guests of Café Moka. All words and opinions are her own.
- Joondalup Growers Market, Joondalup - September 19, 2019
- Sue and Tim’s Strawberry Farm, Wanneroo - September 12, 2019
- S&R Orchard Saku Blossom Festival - September 12, 2019
- Araluen Botanic Park, Roleystone - September 9, 2019
- Holly Rayes, Bassendean - September 5, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide to Crown Perth with Kids - September 3, 2019
- Dome Cafe, Bassendean - August 31, 2019
- Old Perth Road Markets, Bassendean - August 31, 2019
- Western Australian Rail Transport Museum, Bassendean - August 27, 2019
- Cafes with Healthy Kids Menus in Perth - August 22, 2019