Kailis Trigg Beach has just relaunched their original Kiosk outfit as Canteen.
In a picturesque spot directly overlooking the Indian Ocean with both inside and alfresco seating, Canteen is a fresh and modern café offering an interesting, well-priced menu available to dine in or take away.
The menu offers the usual fare Kailis is well known for such as Traditional Fish and Chips ($11.5), Squid Rings and Chips ($14.50) and Seafood Basket and chips ($18.50).
This accompanies a more exciting modern menu featuring Fish Poke – a Hawaiian raw fish salad with Japanese inspired condiments, seaweed salad and brown rice ($15) a range of tasty salad trays and burgers.
Also on offer in the display cabinet is a range a wraps and delicious looking cakes.
We tried out the Seared Halloumi Salad Tray served with roasted vegetables, toasted mixed seeds and caramelized vinaigrette.
And the Grilled Chicken Salad Tray served with braised chickpeas, feta, tomato, capsicum, cucumber, lemon and oregano dressing. Both were really delicious!
The kids’ menu includes Fish and chips, squid and chips or a salad wrap all priced at $7.
Canteen also offers a breakfast menu until 11 am. Again most items are well priced ranging from $10 – $18.
The big draw for families is the onsite nature playground which features a slide, sandpit, boat and balancing logs.
The only negative is the playground is positioned away from the main alfresco seating area. There were a few stools out there when we visited but you could always take along a picnic rug and throw it down on the small grassy area that surrounds the playground. The playground is located right next to the car park so you would need to keep a close eye on little ones.
I love the Canteen is located right next to the beach access giving you the opportunity enjoy your fish and chips on the beach.
- 140 Kids! Perth - April 16, 2018
- Latitude Perth - March 16, 2018
- The Unbelievables, Crown Theatre Perth - January 19, 2018
- Silks Crown Perth - January 12, 2018
- Easy Halloween Food Ideas - October 14, 2017
- Timezone, Joondalup - September 23, 2017
- Rottnest Carnivale October 28th 2017 - September 11, 2017
- Bullsbrook Strawberry Farm, Strawberry Picking Perth - July 24, 2017
- iFly Indoor Skydiving Experience, Perth - July 9, 2017
- Kids Wonderland 2017 Review, 5th – 9th July - July 4, 2017