Captain Cook Cruises offer a free kids club membership for children aged 4 -14 years to encourage them to come and “experience a day in the life of a Captain Cook Cruises member and become more familiar with the cruising industry in a fun and interactive way”.
I signed up Miss 4 online and within days her welcome pack crammed packed full of goodies arrived. Included was a Captain Cook Cruise Beach ball, a VIP Kids member pass, their latest colouring competition complete with crayons and a voucher offering Miss 4 a free Swan River cruise with up to 4 accompanying adults being able to cruise for kids prices which is $20 – a saving of $15.
Looking for something to do over the school holidays we booked promptly booked the river cruise. With the voucher, we were restricted to the cruise leaving Barrack Street Jetty at 2.15pm. The leisurely cruise takes you to Fremantle and back, a journey lasting 2 and a half hour.
On arrival Miss 4 was greeted like a VIP, she was even invited to go and visit the captain of the boat but she came over all shy and declined much to my disappointment as I would have loved to have done so.
I would say that the cruise is quite long to fully hold the attention of a 4-year-old so I would come armed with some ‘I-Spy’ games. You could prepare a list of things that you would expect to see during your river cruise and the kids could have great fun ticking them off when they spot them.
Also, I would recommend bringing your own snacks as there is a limited selection available to purchase on board.
Sign up to Captain Cook Cruises Kids Club here.
- Bistro 38 Champagne Carvery Chococlate Buffet at Joondalup Resort - December 2, 2018
- Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages - November 28, 2018
- Little Creatures, Fremantle - August 21, 2018
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - July 3, 2018
- Kids Wonderland 2018 Review, 4th – 8th July - July 2, 2018
- Silks Crown Perth - June 22, 2018
- Sunflowers Animal Farm, Margaret River - May 7, 2018
- 140 Kids! Perth - April 16, 2018
- Latitude Perth - March 16, 2018
- The Unbelievables, Crown Theatre Perth - January 19, 2018