If Caves Road Collective seems familiar, you’d be right! Formerly home to Saracen Estate and Duckstein Brewery, then Black Road Brewing Co, the space has now been rebranded as Caves Road Collective – where you’ll find Dune Distilling, Ground to Cloud Wines and also Black Road Brewing Co. Whatever your tipple – beer, wine or spirits, you’ll find something here to tickle your fancy.
The immense, modern building caters very well for families and large groups. There’s plenty of seating outside and in.
We popped in for a beer and to let Little Chef stretch his legs on the shaded playground.
Caves Road Collective is home to a cellar door, restaurant and a microbrewery. You can drink and dine inside the brewery, grab a table on the decked veranda that’s right on the dam or sit out in the green beer garden, by the play area. It had a lovely family atmosphere.
We didn’t eat on this day, we popped by for a drink. Caves Road Collective does offer a kids menu, as well as highchairs. Adults can expect a menu of share plates – charcuterie, crab dumplings, seared scallops, chargrilled lamb fillet and more mouth watering morsels using a lot of local ingredients. If you like a simple burger or pizza with your pint – there’s none on the menu here.
The playground is lots of fun. Little Chef particularly loved the twisty slide and spinning cup (he has since he was a toddler!).
There’s lots to climb.
Little one’s will enjoy swinging on the nest swing. The area is fenced, but you may still want to keep a close eye on little climbers, with the dam being so close.
Kids will also love to walk over the bridge and explore the island. One of the brewery dogs joined us too!
We ordered our drinks inside at the bar and enjoyed them on the sunny deck – overlooking the beautiful dam. The beer is very good.
We enjoyed our brief visit to Caves Road Collective. I’d certainly return to try the menu. The massive venue has plenty of space for kids to roam and a lovely, family friendly feel.
Find Caves Road Collective, at 3517 Caves Road, Wilyabrup, near Margaret River.
- Kid-friendly Hotels and Resorts for a Perth Family Staycation - July 15, 2019
- The Local on Waratah, Dalkeith - July 12, 2019
- Lady Latte Cafe Scarborough - July 11, 2019
- Kid Friendly Pizza Restaurants in Perth - June 30, 2019
- Leapfrogs Cafe Wanneroo - June 30, 2019
- Best Mini Golf Courses in Perth - June 28, 2019
- Rainy Day Activities in the Margaret River Region - June 18, 2019
- Things to do in Mundaring with Kids - June 15, 2019
- Kid Friendly Restaurants with Log Fires in Perth - June 13, 2019
- Mundaring Weir With Kids - June 11, 2019