Chapter Twenty-Seven is a little cafe located at the Wattle Grove Shopping Centre, serving all-day breakfast, hot and cold lunches, tasty pastries and coffee. We decided to try it for breakfast after having coffee there previously.
The decor is white and black which gives the space a clean open feeling. There is a small area of outside seating in front of the cafe entrance. We chose to sit inside along the long bench seat that runs down one side.
You order at the counter and the meals are delivered to the table. As well as the menu options there are a couple of cabinets with pastries and other savoury offerings. The menu has all day breakfast options, a few Asian inspired options including Nasi Lemak, pork belly bao, and a small lunch menu including a vegetarian burger. The kids’ menu has kids pancakes, ham and cheese toastie, nuggets and chips and beef sliders and chips on offer. Prices are $8.90 to $11.90.
We chose from the breakfast menu and went with the Avo Smash, Pulled Beef Benedict, two plain poached eggs for little Miss and coffee. I asked for a plain poached egg, no garnish, as little Miss doesn’t like her eggs “dirty” and that’s exactly as they came. They were even willing to do a half serve (one egg) for her even though it’s not on the menu.
The coffee arrived quickly and was good quality.
The food followed not long after. It was well presented and very tasty. They have plastic plates, cutlery and cups for the young ones. High chairs also available.
There is a station set up with some pencils and colouring books to keep the young ones occupied. Our daughter found an activity book which kept her well occupied while we waited for the food and throughout breakfast.
Chapter Twenty-Seven offers good food and service, catered well to my daughter and the Wattle Grove Nature playground is within walking distance for a quick play before or after.
Located – Wattle Grove Shopping Centre, Hale Road, Wattle Grove.
Open Monday to Friday – 7am – 2pm and Saturday and Sunday 8am – 2pm.
- Zoorassic Park at Perth Zoo - September 20, 2018
- Pre-Schoolers Mornings, Waterford Plaza - September 18, 2018
- S&R Orchard Blossom Festival - September 6, 2018
- Belmont Forum – Playspace - August 13, 2018
- Hampton & Maley, Victoria Park - August 13, 2018
- Secret Garden Cafe and Patisserie, South Perth - June 19, 2018
- Riverton Library, Riverton - June 14, 2018
- Tumblers Kids Gym, Riverton Leisureplex - June 7, 2018
- The Local Shack, Forrestfield - June 5, 2018
- PJ Masks at Karrinyup Shopping Centre - April 17, 2018