When you see a mass of people outside somewhere, its usually a good sign that you’ve come across something wonderful. Heard and seen so much of Chu Bakery that we have to go check it out ourselves. I decided to take the hubs there for his Father’s day morning tea. Great start to the day i must say! There were already stacks of people there but the line and wait was fairly quick. Place your order inside, give your name, wait outside and when your order is ready, they will call you from the little side window and its all ready to go! Quite efficient really.
We went in and there they were, staring right at our faces were croissants, eclairs, choux puffs, donuts and a whole lot more. Wished i brought a spare tummy. It was an extremely hard decision but we finally agreed on 3 pastries and our coffees. We had the strawberry fraisier, matcha yuzu chu puff and a hazelnut praline eclair. Oh man I could eat them all day long! The pastry was divine. Everything was divine. Words can’t describe how good it is so you have to go try it for yourself.
They also do savoury and sweet made-to-order toasties (till 2pm) as well.
We didn’t get to try the croissants this time round but they do have some really interesting ones like kaya (coconut jam), raspberry almond. Will definitely be going back to get some of these next time.
What makes Chu Bakery even more awesome is its location. Right smack across the road from Hyde park (featuring a playground and a water playground). With Spring (and summer) upon us, its the ideal location for a playdate. So armed with our coffee and sweets, we were off to Hyde Park. You might need to fight with the ducks for the crumbs.
Chu Bakery, Highgate
498 Williams Street, Highgate
Tues – Sun: 7.00am – 4.00pm
Change facility: No
- The Açai Corner, South Perth - April 17, 2018
- Perth Mango Farm - February 1, 2018
- Brotzeit Kids Bingo - January 23, 2018
- Santa Photography at Garden City - December 6, 2017
- Freshwaters, Peppermint Grove - November 21, 2017
- Myer Santaland, Perth - November 14, 2017
- Underground at Allendale Square, Perth - September 27, 2017
- Roho Bure, South Fremantle - September 15, 2017
- Daisies, Cottesloe - September 10, 2017
- Bib and Tucker North Fremantle - September 10, 2017