Colonial Brewing Company is about a 10 minute drive from Margaret River town. It is a really great place to take the kiddies as it has a huge (fenced) grassed area and a large playground which is partly shaded.
There are a couple of decent climbing frames with slides, forts and monkey bars as well as a see saw and an old style playground roundabout (Merry-Go-Round). There is also a smaller enclosed one. The roundabout can get a bit crazy so you would need to watch little ones on that if there are lots of children. On a hot day the playground equipment in the open (ie not under the shade sail) can also get pretty hot so you might want to test it out first.
There is lots of seating outside, including a fair bit under the large veranda which is covered by a hard roof so you can still sit there if it rains. However, at busy times you either need to book or get there early to get a good table.
There are some hills to roll down and plenty of space for ball games and running around, away from the tables.
We have been a few times. On the most recent occasion we were not that hungry and had a platter of cold meats, cheese, olives, etc which was very nice. There is a decent range of food from salads, fish and chips, burgers, etc. We have had the pizzas before and they were very good too.
There were 4 choices on the children’s menu at Colonial Brewery – pizza, fish and chips, burger and chips or grilled chicken and chips. Each option is $10.50 and our kiddies chose the kid’s size pizza which was very yummy. See the website for an up to date version of their menu.
There is a kitchen garden which the restaurant uses in its kitchen and their website says they try to use the garden and local ingredients for all their dishes.
For the adults you can get a tasting paddle of beers for $15 which is always fun. They also do a ‘growler’ which is a massive 2L bottle of beer. You can buy them full or empty and you can also get them re-filled.
We have been to Colonial Brewery a quite a few times over the years and would definitely recommend it.
- Cullen Winery, Margaret River - February 18, 2018
- Royal Life Saving Australia Review - May 24, 2017
- Brewhouse Margaret River - March 30, 2016
- Odyssea Beach Cafe, City Beach - March 23, 2016
- Eagle Rock Spur Steak & Grill, Currambine - January 7, 2016
- Bold Park Aquatic Centre, City Beach - December 2, 2015
- The Margaret River Chocolate Factory & Cafe, Margaret River - April 28, 2015
- Margaret River Farmers’ Market, Margaret River - April 8, 2015
- Rochelle Adonis High Tea, Highgate - April 4, 2015
- Cambridge International Food Forum, Wembley - April 4, 2015