Whether you love lush indoor plants, growing your own veggies or easy to care for succulents, gardening is so on trend at the moment! Found in the Perth foothills, Dawson’s Garden World Forrestfield is a fantastic plant nursery that’s been around for over a century. Both big and little green thumbs are sure to find a plant to take home to their own garden when they visit. At the entrance, there’s a large selection of indoor plants, pots and giftware.
Outside, the nursery is set out in sections… ground covers, fruit trees, succulents, herbs and vegetable seedlings and more.
Dawson’s specialise in roses and there’s a huge selection. Dotted through the garden centre are mini display gardens which provide ideas on design and planting, as well as showcasing the many plants that are available to buy. There’s many different themes including formal, Japanese, and water gardens.
The Dawson family’s original 1930s home is now a lovely little café.
Here enjoy a cuppa and there is plenty of seating. There’s high chairs for little ones and a kids menu too.
Little Chef enjoyed a babycino.
And he shared a vanilla slice with his Nanna. A small menu of snacks, light lunches and sweet treats has something to suit mosts tastes. The café is open seven days a week, 10am to 3pm.
Outside there’s also a large covered dining area.
The kids will love the tractor, which they can sit on.
There’s an old-school merry go round, which goes quite fast, so keep an eye on little ones.
There’s even a maze, which Little Chef loved! It only suitable for children 10 and under or those who are very short!
Fur babies are welcome at Dawson’s, as long as they’re kept on a leash. If you need a little help, the friendly staff are very knowledgeable and happy to assist. I found it very difficult to leave without buying one of these super cute owls!
Do your garden a favour and visit Dawson’s Forrestfield today!
Find Dawson’s Garden World at 160 Hale Road, Forrestfield.
- Joondalup Growers Market, Joondalup - September 19, 2019
- Sue and Tim’s Strawberry Farm, Wanneroo - September 12, 2019
- S&R Orchard Saku Blossom Festival - September 12, 2019
- Araluen Botanic Park, Roleystone - September 9, 2019
- Holly Rayes, Bassendean - September 5, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide to Crown Perth with Kids - September 3, 2019
- Dome Cafe, Bassendean - August 31, 2019
- Old Perth Road Markets, Bassendean - August 31, 2019
- Western Australian Rail Transport Museum, Bassendean - August 27, 2019
- Cafes with Healthy Kids Menus in Perth - August 22, 2019