Discovery Parks – Woodman Point is located at 132 Cockburn Road, Munster. The park is a mix of camping sites, chalets and permanent residents.The park includes a swimming pool, playground, new bouncing pillow, as well as go kart hire.You can also hire push bikes and electric bikes which can take you all the way to Fremantle without the need to pedal
You can follow the pathways at the rear of the park for 1km and arrive at the beach. The walk is on a nice pathway and if you look carefully, you can see old ruins from military defences. Taking the path to the right leads to a large playground with good shade and a short path to the beach.The camp facilities are clean and well maintained. They include a kitchen and recreation room with use of fridges for campers, BBQ’s, laundry and clothes lines, and shower blocks.
We went during school holidays and there was lots of free activities daily for the kids. We were amazed by Al Kazam the magician, did some tricks on gymbus, took a dip on the waterslide and bought ourselves a waffle ice cream.
We also attended the all ages disco for New Years Eve with a live DJ and smoke machine.
The Woodman Point Holiday Park has a speed limit of walking pace so it was excellent for the kids to ride around on bikes and skateboards.
If you want to get out and about, a drive will take you to Fremantle or Rockingham where you can shop or have lunch.
If camping isn’t for you then consider the comfort of the air conditioned chalets for your family.
There is a holiday stay to suit everyone. It’s also a great place to cut your teeth if you are a novice camper as it’s so close to Perth City.
- School Holiday Activities Perth 2019 - April 2, 2019
- Reading for Sure - February 4, 2019
- The healthiest family-friendly restaurants in Perth - December 20, 2018
- Mediation – A More Effective Way To Separate - December 18, 2018
- Family Friendly Events in Perth for November (2018) - October 24, 2018
- Family Cab - October 24, 2018
- Perth Christmas Charity Collections - October 24, 2018
- 5 tips for organising your first family holiday - October 16, 2018
- Halloween Events Perth 2018 - October 14, 2018
- 5 best family villas in Bali for a fuss-free holiday with kids - October 4, 2018