Discovery Parks – Woodman Point is located at 132 Cockburn Road, Munster. The park is a mix of camping sites, chalets and permanent residents.The park includes a swimming pool, playground, new bouncing pillow, as well as go kart hire.You can also hire push bikes and electric bikes which can take you all the way to Fremantle without the need to pedal
You can follow the pathways at the rear of the park for 1km and arrive at the beach. The walk is on a nice pathway and if you look carefully, you can see old ruins from military defences. Taking the path to the right leads to a large playground with good shade and a short path to the beach.The camp facilities are clean and well maintained. They include a kitchen and recreation room with use of fridges for campers, BBQ’s, laundry and clothes lines, and shower blocks.
We went during school holidays and there was lots of free activities daily for the kids. We were amazed by Al Kazam the magician, did some tricks on gymbus, took a dip on the waterslide and bought ourselves a waffle ice cream.
We also attended the all ages disco for New Years Eve with a live DJ and smoke machine.
The park has a speed limit of walking pace so it was excellent for the kids to ride around on bikes and skateboards.
If you want to get out and about, a drive will take you to Fremantle or Rockingham where you can shop or have lunch.
If camping isn’t for you then consider the comfort of the air conditioned chalets for your family.
There is a holiday stay to suit everyone. It’s also a great place to cut your teeth if you are a novice camper as it’s so close to Perth City.
- Easter Wonderland & Easter World - March 13, 2018
- March Family Events in Perth - March 8, 2018
- Park Play City of Gosnells - September 17, 2017
- Telethon Kids Institute Discover Day 2017 - September 13, 2017
- 100 October School Holiday Ideas Perth 2017 - September 12, 2017
- ABC Reading Eggs - August 10, 2017
- The Best Family Friendly Shopping Centres in Perth - August 10, 2017
- Ashley and Friends Day at Whiteman Park - August 9, 2017
- Things to do on a rainy day in Perth with kids - August 2, 2017
- Roleystone Winter Market - June 9, 2017