There is nothing more fun to do on the weekends than taking the kids and the dog for a walk on one of Perth’s dog beaches. There aren’t that many fury friendly beaches so we’ve listed the main one’s below so you can plan your weekend or weekday family walks.
North of the River
This is one of our local spots but does get very busy at peak times. The car park usually has a coffee van (nom nom) and sometimes a dog wash (ridiculously useful!!). There are toilets, showers and water fountains in the car park. The beach is a nice walk with very shallow waters and we often see dogs swimming with their owners. The beach walk isn’t that long, around 1km so we tend to walk up and down a few times and meet lots of other walkers and potential playmates 😉
There are two entry points and car parks onto Quinns Rocks Beach. There’s lots of rocks along the coast and shore break so ideal for dog swimming but they can still have a dip 😉 This is a lovely long dog beach so you can really tire them out!
Tamala Conservation Reserve – leading onto Burns Beach, whilst technically this isn’t a dog beach the Tamala Park Reserve is open for dogs and humans to explore. This is one of my favourite (outside of snake season) places to walk my dog as it’s sand based and very very hilly dunes which my fury friend loves. The Reserve does lead onto Burn Beach North which is covered in beautiful rocks along the coast line. It’s usually completely empty as it’s not a bathers beach and is very rocky.
South of the River
John Tonkin Dog Exercise Area, East Fremantle
Please check the individual City Council website for further details and maps.
- The Crooked Carrot Myalup - April 16, 2018
- RAC Karri Valley Resort - April 13, 2018
- Koombana Foreshore Playground - March 14, 2018
- Horrocks Caravan Park - February 14, 2018
- Bella’s Cupcake World Cafe Joondalup - February 12, 2018
- Just Jump Wanneroo - February 12, 2018
- School Holidays WA 2018 - December 19, 2017
- Rooftop Movies Perth - December 14, 2017
- Sand Dunes Sandy Cape Reserve Dundaragan - November 19, 2017
- Epicurean Restaurant at Crown Towers Perth - November 17, 2017