Found at the city end of the Albany Highway strip is Dutch Trading Company. It’s a hip hang out for craft beer lovers and good news… it’s also family friendly!
In the back bar you’ll find a kids’ corner with a whole load of things to keep little ones busy. There’s a table equipped with colouring in textas and paper. A mat with loads of toys and even a comic book rack! How cool.
There’s a sandpit out the back, which is sheltered. Here there’s plenty of well-kept toys to play with, as well as a little see saw and blackboard. The only downside I could find was that it gets a little hot on warm days. There’s plenty of fans, but the large, open venue didn’t seem to have air con.
The menu is made up of mainly share plates and burgers. All the adults on our table (except for me) ordered the delicious sounding fried chicken burgers, $23. Everyone loved the burgers, served on brioche. Though the “spiced chips” were a little too spicy for a couple of the ladies. It would be great to have an option to order regular chips too.
Limited to gluten free options I chose a fish dish. The rosemary smoked rainbow trout was so tender and full of flavour. Served with bottarga (salted, cured fish roe), yummy cauliflower, blood orange and a salsa verde, it’s a lovely dish for $26.
On the kids menu there are three options, which would please most kids. One of my friends asked for fish and chips for her son, as she wasn’t sure if he’d eat a taco and they were more than happy to do this. Little Chef chose the fish taco and while it tasted really good, he found the portion a little on the small side. The sizes will suit kids aged under 7, or for those with smaller appetites.
For the big kids there’s a pool table and retro video games.
For those who don’t want to give up the cool little venues, even after kids, Dutch Trading Company ticks all the boxes.
There’s good food, interesting beers, casual vibes and a great kids’ area too.
Find Dutch Trading Company at 243 Albany Highway, Victoria Park, Perth.
More info on their website https://thedutchtradingco.com.au
- The Ultimate Guide to Trains in Perth & WA - November 22, 2019
- Best Museums in Perth for Kids - November 7, 2019
- The Kewdale Tavern, Kewdale - October 24, 2019
- Burns Beach Twilight Markets - October 15, 2019
- 3 Sheets on the Lake, Woodlands - October 15, 2019
- Laneway Seven, Ellenbrook - October 14, 2019
- Mundaring Hotel, Mundaring - October 9, 2019
- The Family Friendly Guide to Entwined in the Valley - September 26, 2019
- How My Foodie Box Changed my Mealtimes - September 26, 2019
- Coventry Village, Morley - September 23, 2019