Elmar’s in the Valley is Perth’s largest German establishment and one of the largest venues in the Swan Valley making it the perfect venue for a social get together.
The venue is huge! There is a large indoor restaurant offering an a la carte menu and table service, plus an undercover Beer Garden area offering its own menu. Elmar’s in the Valley is great for accommodating big groups as it has lots of large tables.
The Beer Garden is very family friendly with a huge grassy area to run about on plus the recent addition of a small fenced playground.
The menu offers traditional German staples such as Bratwurst, Sauerkraut, Beef Goulash and Elmar’s Specialty – a slow-cooked and roasted Pickled Pork Shank.
We dined in the Beer Garden area which offers a smaller, more low-key menu than the indoor dining area. Food has to be ordered at the bar which is good if there is a large group of you as you can all order and pay separately. The bar is cash only but you can set up a tab by handing over your credit card and drivers licence and then you pay in the restaurant on your way out.
I selected the Grillbratwurst served with Sauerkraut, Potato Mash and Mustard which was good value at $20.
We also sampled the Pork Schnitzel which came accompanied by a choice of Fries or Potato Salad, a garden salad and a creamy mushroom sauce ($34.90).
Our vegetarian dining companions ordered the Vegetarian German Pasta off the a la carte menu which they really enjoyed. The a la carte menu is available in both the inside restaurant and the beer garden. (The beer garden menu is not available in the restaurant).
The kids menu ($10.90 – $13.90) includes cocktail Vienna sausages, chicken nuggets, pork schnitzel and a kids nibble plate. It was refreshing to see that the chicken nuggets are house made and all the meals come served with carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes and slices of apple.
The food was of good quality and came out fairly quickly considering how busy it was. We enjoyed our lunch at Elmar’s. It’s definitely a great venue to dine with a group of friends.
- KidZania Singapore Review - July 8, 2019
- The Wild Fig Cafe, Scarborough - June 19, 2019
- The Slate Phuket Review - May 7, 2019
- Wanneroo Cuddly Animal Farm - April 25, 2019
- Blueback by Spare Parts Puppet Theatre - April 18, 2019
- Brickman Cities at the WA Maritime Museum - April 18, 2019
- The Importance Of Family Health Insurance When Travelling - April 16, 2019
- Cable Beach Club Resort and Spa, Broome - March 14, 2019
- Pullman Resort, Bunker Bay - February 4, 2019
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019