Esther Café, previously located in Como, overlooks leafy Haynes Street. It’s not your ordinary café. It’s part of The Esther program, which trains young women that have been through crisis situations and tough experiences like abuse and eating disorders. Here, they gain valuable new skills in baking and learn all about how to be a barista, helping them gain a certificate in hospitality.
Found next to the Vault Restaurant, there’s a lot to this little café. As well as a great coffee spot and training café, there’s a recycled clothing boutique attached.
At the counter there’s a whole range of delicious and wholesome home baked goods. Some of the tasty treats you’ll find at The Esther Café are hummingbird cake, chocolate beetroot cake, chocolate banana cake, the famous gluten free Esther brownie and much, much more. If you feel like something savory, there’s also vegetarian or meat sausage rolls and savoury muffins.
You can choose to sit outside or in. For little one’s there’s a small toy corner where kids can sit at the small table and draw.
The coffee used at Esther Café is really good. Served in either large mugs or beautifully hand made handle-less cups.
Little Chef dunked his bickie in a babycino.
I enjoyed a healthy poke bowl of roast chicken, roast pumpkin, beetroot, chic peas, feta, pine nuts, rice and more. I found it really good value at just $14.
There’s a kids menu offering of kids toasties ($6). Little Chef picked a sausage roll from the cabinet – which he loved!
Our fur baby Ruby loved Esther Café too. Dogs are welcome to sit on the outside patio and water bowls are available.
Pop into Esther Café for a cuppa! You’re not only treating yourself, but helping a very worthy cause.
Find Esther Café at 23 Haynes Street, Kalamunda.
- Esther Cafe Kalamunda - October 9, 2018
- WA Maritime Museum, Fremantle - October 4, 2018
- Moore and Moore Cafe Fremantle - October 3, 2018
- The Pickled Herring Two Rocks - September 20, 2018
- 8 Yolks, Success - September 12, 2018
- Inglewood Library, Inglewood - September 4, 2018
- Bellissa Café, Bedford - September 3, 2018
- 50 Ideas for Father’s Day in Perth - August 23, 2018
- Araluen Botanical Park, Roleystone - August 17, 2018
- The Best Family Friendly Restaurants in Fremantle - July 31, 2018