Berridge Park runs along the Denmark River and is right in the heart of the Great Southern country town. The park, naturally shaded by mature trees, is popular with local families and tourists alike.
The playground is really lively, though a walk along the river will bring you to some more serene spots where you’ll find lots of ducks and other water birds.
The playground is a mix of sand and soft fall and shaded by shade sails. There is a variety of steel framed play equipment for children of all ages.
There are lots of swings, including a toddler swing. For imaginative play toddlers and pre-schoolers will love the little shop windows.
Next to the main playground there’s a smaller fenced playground with a slide, climbing ladder, tunnel and more. This sandy playground for toddlers also includes a bouncy bike and sand digger.Beyond the playgrounds, there’s plenty of grassed open space to kick a ball, fly a kite or run around.Toilet facilities are located conveniently next to the playground and the good news for Dads is that there are both male and female baby changing facilities. The leafy park is a nice spot for a family picnic by the river. There are lots of benches and picnic tables, many of them sheltered. There’s BBQ facilities and water fountains.Over the road you’ll find some takeaway food spots. We grabbed some fish n chips to enjoy by the river and we got bombarded by cheeky ducks!You can find Berridge Park on Hollings Road, Denmark.
- Crown Towers Perth - April 15, 2018
- Swan Valley Vegetarian Cafe - April 6, 2018
- Swan Valley Sweet Temptations Trail - April 6, 2018
- Holiday Inn Hotel, Perth CBD - April 5, 2018
- Naked Apple Cider House, Karragullen - April 4, 2018
- Best Breakfast in Perth for Families - March 23, 2018
- Burger Baby, Margaret River - March 22, 2018
- Magna Pizza, Fremantle - March 22, 2018
- Eagles Heritage, Margaret River - March 21, 2018
- Busselton Archery and Family Fun Park - March 21, 2018
Amanda Carlin has her own blog - The Chef, His Wife and Their Perth-fect Life. The Chef's Wife LOVES to eat out in our beautiful city and discover new spots to dine. Amanda and Chef love tapas or something a little fancy for date night and with their son "Little Chef" in tow there's plenty of family friendly options too.