You can’t go past Jetty Rd Variety playground if you are visiting Bunbury. It’s a great playground located on a protected beach with a grassed area that has BBQ’s and shaded picnic tables. Everything needed for a fun family day out. The Vat2 restaurant is right next door if you don’t want to picnic or BBQ.
There are two parts to the playground, one is based on the beach and is a wooden structure, the other is next to the grassed area and mostly under cover of shade sails.
The equipment up near the grassed area includes a cubby house, some stepping stones and tunnel types play equipment. Most of this area is under shade sails so offers some protection on sunny days.
The play equipment on the beach is a mainly wooden structure with a slide, fireman’s pole, different levels allowing for play underneath as well. Miss 3 joined a group of other children and and a great time playing tag around this area. The slide was a good escape route!
Next to the playground is a grassed area which leads to the bbqs and picnic tables. Some of the picnic tables are shaded by shade sails and there a a few trees around offering shade if you prefer to pull out the picnic rug. As you come off the beach near the play area there is a drink fountain and shower.
The other side of the playground is the restaurant Vat2 which offers casual outside seating and is open breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The bay is s protected so the water is calm and suitable for young children. We will be visiting this beach playground area next time we stay in Bunbury as there was plenty to keep Miss 3 occupied.
- The Painted Teapot, Subiaco - November 20, 2018
- Cafe 63, Westfield Carousel - October 4, 2018
- Decadent C’s, Mandurah - October 3, 2018
- Zoorassic Park at Perth Zoo - September 20, 2018
- Pre-Schoolers Mornings, Waterford Plaza - September 18, 2018
- S&R Orchard Blossom Festival - September 6, 2018
- Belmont Forum – Playspace - August 13, 2018
- Hampton & Maley, Victoria Park - August 13, 2018
- Secret Garden Cafe and Patisserie, South Perth - June 19, 2018
- Riverton Library, Riverton - June 14, 2018
Claire Tondut is currently a stay-at-home mother of one daughter and a puppy. When she is not chasing little Miss around she loves to spend time with hubby, friends and family.
- Member Reviews