This lovely park is on the banks of the Leschenault Inlet and adjacent to the Koombana Bay Discovery Park. The park features a lovely big playground and a great new exercise area called an “exersite” with a range of equipment.
There are BBQs, toilets, picnic shelters and benches all available. The inlet has some little beach like areas on the shores, perfect for paddling, and a jetty where we saw some people fishing and could watch the sailboats which are for hire on the opposite side.
The play equipment has everything you can think of! There are swings, including two tyre swings which are great for building those core muscles as you try to keep your balance!
The main climbing structure has a few climbing challenges, including stairs for the little ones, 2 wooden bridges, a fireman’s pole and slides. It would suit most ages, with toddlers needing a little help to master the steep inclines of the bridges.
A highlight for our toddler was the boat he could “drive”! He also quite enjoyed exploring the exercise equipment.
The park has plenty of large trees providing areas of shade and the play equipment is located under a huge shade sail so there was plenty of shade keeping the equipment cool and little ones protected from the sun. It would be the perfect spot for a picnic, with plenty to keep the kids amused for hours.
Skye’s foreshore reserve is located on Lyons Cove, Bunbury.
- Something Italian, Merriwa - November 14, 2017
- Guzman y Gomez, Westfield Whitford City - October 11, 2017
- Prince of Wales Hotel Bistro Bunbury - September 4, 2017
- Corners on King Bunbury - September 4, 2017
- Bunbury Wildlife Park - May 29, 2017
- Music Together with Sarah - May 11, 2017
- Discovery Park-Koombana Bay Holiday Park - March 29, 2017
- WA Museum Discovery Zone at The State Library of WA - March 13, 2017
- Hardware Cafe, Quinns Rocks - February 4, 2017
- Craigie Leisure Centre - January 31, 2017
Kylie is the mum of a gorgeous toddler who is growing far too fast by devouring her sleep. She is a qualified early childhood teacher, who loves exploring the world through the eyes of a 2 year old and now knows more about diggers than she ever imagined she would