Geraldton is a great holiday destination for families with kids of all ages, and it’s also a great stop off point to grab a quick bite to eat and a leg stretch if you’re travelling further up North.
The Town Foreshore super playground is located directly outside the Geraldton Yacht Club overlooking Geraldton bay and is more suited to kids aged 4+.
The main attraction is the Sky Walk, a huge roped bridge structure with connecting turrets and a long red slide that is 6 metres at it’s highest point. Plenty of climbing is involved to get up to the rope bridge which my 5-year-old managed quite easily.
Alongside the rope bridge are two birds nest swings, great for toddlers to lay down on or groups of kids standing around the edge. These are also swings for less able bodied kids and adults.
Two other interesting and relatively new pieces of play equipment to our parks are the NEOS games. The games involves you listening to the voice instructions and watching the lights on various posts and pressing the right buttons in a specific order. A bit like “Simon Says”. These are great fun to watch the kids running from one post to the next and several kids can play at once.
My kids had great fun on the liberty Variety Roundabout, suitable for wheelchairs and able bodied kids to ride together. The rock climbing boulder is another new piece of equipment I’ve not seen before.
A table tennis table and table soccer are another two excellent features to this park. Not sure where you get the bats from for the table tennis though? For older kids there’s also a basketball court.
There’s plenty of seating options around the playground but little shade, however you can throw down a picnic blanket a little further away on the grassed area where there are some trees for shade. We saw lots of families having a picnic around this area as there are water fountains and a big toilet block right next to the playground. The toilet facilities include an adult change-table and a hoist.
- What’s on this week for families in Perth - November 30, 2018
- Public Holidays WA - November 21, 2018
- Club Med Malaysia – Cherating Beach - November 19, 2018
- Guilderton Caravan Park WA - November 18, 2018
- The Rainbow Jungle Parrot Breeding Centre, Kalbarri - November 5, 2018
- Kalbarri National Park Z-Bend River Trail Lookout and Walk - October 30, 2018
- Bluff Knoll with Kids, Stirling Ranges - October 30, 2018
- Kids Sailing Perth – Tiny Tackers at Hillarys Yacht Club - October 29, 2018
- Shaana Cafe Yallingup - October 23, 2018
- Cycling on Rottnest Island - October 14, 2018
Lorraine is co-owner of Buggybuddys and is mother to Blake (10) and Lollie (8). Lorraine is passionate about health and fitness and loves exploring Western Australia in her Caravan.
- Member Reviews