Kalbarri has two playgrounds on the foreshore, the Kalbarri Nature Playground (new in 2018) overlooking the river mouth and another further up the river at the Marina opposite the Gorges Cafe. The Marina area has a small playground area completed with BBQ’s and picnic tables. Our children are a little older, and we let them play in the park while we sat in the cafe (Gorges Cafe) across the road.
The foreshore area has a fantastic bike and walking path that goes all the way out of town as well as along the river into the 4×4 off-road area. We enjoyed a daily cycle and scooter from our campsite down to the foreshore area, stopping off at the local skate park on the way. The pathways are well used throughout the day, and it’s lovely to see so many families being active and out and about enjoying the local beauty spots.
There’s plenty of open space for ball games and shelters for picnics offering beautiful views of the river and ocean.The foreshore area attracts a local weekly market during the school holidays where you’ll find plenty of local produce and crafts.
You won’t be able to resist heading down to the foreshore area to watch the sunset, such fantastic views and atmosphere.
- Forest Adventures South West - January 8, 2019
- What’s on this week for families in Perth - November 30, 2018
- Public Holidays WA - November 21, 2018
- Club Med Malaysia – Cherating Beach - November 19, 2018
- Guilderton Caravan Park WA - November 18, 2018
- The Rainbow Jungle Parrot Breeding Centre, Kalbarri - November 5, 2018
- Kalbarri National Park Z-Bend River Trail Lookout and Walk - October 30, 2018
- Bluff Knoll with Kids, Stirling Ranges - October 30, 2018
- Kids Sailing Perth – Tiny Tackers at Hillarys Yacht Club - October 29, 2018
- Shaana Cafe Yallingup - October 23, 2018
Lorraine is co-owner of Buggybuddys and is mother to Blake (10) and Lollie (8). Lorraine is passionate about health and fitness and loves exploring Western Australia in her Caravan.
- Member Reviews