Rainbow Jungle is ope Read more [...]
There are two playgrounds in Kalbarri, one on the main foreshore overlooking the river mouth and another further up the river at the Marina.
There are plenty of picnic tables, BBQs, toilets, water fountains and natural shade from the surrounding mature trees.
The play frame is simple with a slide, ladders and tunnel and plenty of climbing frames and monkey bars for older kids.There are a baby swing and a regular swing with beautiful views across the river.Many families congregate around the foreshore area at sunset, so there’s a nice vibe with kids and families playing ball games and enjoying their BBQ dinners or take away fish and chips from the local chippies.The foreshore area has a fantastic bike and walking path that goes all the way out of town as well as along the river into the 4×4 off-road area. We enjoyed a daily cycle and scooter from our campsite down to the foreshore area, stopping off at the local skate park on the way. The pathways are well used throughout the day, and it’s lovely to see so many families being active and out and about enjoying the local beauty spots.
There’s plenty of open space for ball games and shelters for picnics offering beautiful views of the river and ocean.The foreshore area attracts a local weekly market during the school holidays where you’ll find plenty of local produce and crafts.The Marina area has a small playground area completed with BBQ’s and picnic tables. Our children are a little older, and we let them play in the park while we sat in the cafe (Gorges Cafe) across the road.
You won’t be able to resist heading down to the foreshore area to watch the sunset, such fantastic views and atmosphere.
- The Crooked Carrot Myalup - April 16, 2018
- RAC Karri Valley Resort - April 13, 2018
- Koombana Foreshore Playground - March 14, 2018
- Horrocks Caravan Park - February 14, 2018
- Bella’s Cupcake World Cafe Joondalup - February 12, 2018
- Just Jump Wanneroo - February 12, 2018
- School Holidays WA 2018 - December 19, 2017
- Rooftop Movies Perth - December 14, 2017
- Sand Dunes Sandy Cape Reserve Dundaragan - November 19, 2017
- Epicurean Restaurant at Crown Towers Perth - November 17, 2017
Lorraine is co-owner of Buggybuddys and is mother to Blake (9) and Lollie (6).