Sweet sounds take centre stage at the Children’s Leukaemia & Cancer Research Foundation’s (CLCRF) big family event of the year.
The annual CLCRF Family Night Out at Gloucester Park on Saturday, November 9, features the exceptional Perth Symphony Orchestra (PSO) performing two sets of their family favourites.
Kids get free entry while adult tickets are $45. Proceeds from Family Night Out support the outstanding work of the CLCRF, which raises funds for research into childhood cancers.
As well as hearing the world-class PSO perform, families can revel in the festive spirit while supporting a worthwhile cause. They can bring their own picnic (no BYO alcohol) or enjoy a meal from a variety of food trucks on site. Fun children’s activities include face painting, bubbles, cuddly animal farm, bouncy castles and more!
Event organiser Kylie Dalton said the Family Night Out is about everyone having fun.
“The event was created many years ago, not as a fundraising opportunity but a family event to share with those who need it most,” she said. “Our whole focus is on bringing families from over WA to share in the music.”
The PSO’s song list includes all-time favourites from shows Frozen, The Lion King and The Greatest Showman and songs originally performed by Katy Perry, David Bowie and Taylor Swift. The supporting act is popular local musician JAX.
Cancer is the leading cause of death from disease in Australian children. One in 500 kids will develop cancer before they reach their 15th birthday. As CLCRF receives no government funding, it relies on community support – especially the money it can raise at events such as the Family Night Out.
Gates open at 4.30pm, with the musical acts starting at 5.30pm.
Head to familynightout.com.au for tickets and more information.
- School Holiday Activities Perth 2019 - September 15, 2019
- FUN-FILLED FAMILY EVENING SUPPORTING CHILDREN’S CANCER RESEARCH - September 11, 2019
- Crafts & Renovations with Kids - August 5, 2019
- What To Do This July School Holidays - July 15, 2019
- All You Need to Know About Breast Milk Storage Bags - June 15, 2019
- The Benefits Of A Compressed Mattress In A Box When Travelling - June 2, 2019
- 3 ways to have a stress-free family trip to Sydney - June 1, 2019
- Bayswater Hotel, Bayswater - May 22, 2019
- Ways to Encourage Your Kids to Do Things - May 1, 2019
- Best Places To Visit In Perth With Your Motorhome - April 13, 2019