Entering Fusion Cre8tive Mixed Media workshop is like walking into a craft store, except you can get to work straight away! The shelves are a treasure trove of paints, wooden cut-outs, mosaic tiles, beads and canvases.
Opening in December 2017, the workshop offers weekly classes in such fields as mosaic, calligraphy and painting. Both adult and after school kids classes are available.
We went to one of their School Holiday Workshops. The start and finish times of the workshops are 30min windows, so it’s not too chaotic when everyone arrives. On arrival, the children are given a super cute apron to protect their clothes and an information sheet for their parent to fill out. You’re welcome to stay during the class or just drop them off (though under 6’s must have an adult stay with them).
The kids can choose what project they would like to do. 2 of my girls decided to make wooden signs, they choose pre-cut wooden cutouts, painted them and glued mosaic tiles and beads onto them. My other daughter chose to make a wooden box and decorated it with decoupage flowers. They also got to make bead bracelets.
The classes run for 2 hours with an extra 30mins at the start and finish. The cost varies depending on the project/s chosen. Most activities cost $15 – $30 (you can set a budget with the teacher prior to the class starting). My girls spent $20 each which I thought was great value considering how long they were there and a snack was provided. Classes and workshops are limited to 20 students, so booking is essential.
Tea & coffee making facilities are available for the adults. The whole workshop can be booked for kids parties where every kid gets to make a creation.
Unit 6, 133 Grand Boulevard, Joondalup (upstairs from the kebab shop). Look for the giant mural on the side of the building.
- The Gingerbread House, Boyanup - November 10, 2018
- Perth Upmarket, Crawley - November 7, 2018
- Flower Design School Birthday Party - October 11, 2018
- RAC Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort - October 10, 2018
- Optus Stadium Tour - August 13, 2018
- Circus Waterpark, Bali - July 19, 2018
- The Camfield, Optus Stadium - July 3, 2018
- The Lookout, Scarborough - July 3, 2018
- City of Wanneroo Community Art Awards & Exhibition - June 5, 2018
- Hogwartz Restaurant, Bali - May 7, 2018