I heard about Gnomesville a few times before and thought it will be worthwhile to make a detour on our way further south and I’m glad we did. Gnomesville is located at a big roundabout on Wellington Mill and Ferguson Road. It is well signed and cannot be missed.
The collection started after they built the big roundabout in early 90’s. A local resident placed the first Gnome on the road side inside a hollow of a large red gum tree. Gnomes then started to appear on the roundabout and were later moved to where they are now as they were frequently vandalised.
Apparently today there are about 7000 gnomes happily living in Gnomesville!
The place is magical and surreal.
The boys (and me!!) were so excited to walk around spotting all the quirky gnomes.
I am sure we missed some because there were so many, but we did spot some really interesting and funny ones….
“E.T Phone Gnome”
“Gnome sweet gnome”
Rude gnomes showing their backside
Sport team Gnomes
Gnomesville Police Station
Pensioner Gnomes (broken)
and even Gnomesville Detention Centre (for the naughty gnomes!)
Family Gnomes and even one family of gnomes having a bbq!
Everyone is welcome to add to the collection and so we did too.
We made a trip to Bunnings the day before our trip and bought four gnomes for $3.90 each. We signed and dated our gnomes and the boys even added some personal touches to theirs, before placing them under an unoccupied tree. We love the idea that our very own gnome family lives in Gnomesville. We will be back to visit them again soon.
It was well worth the visit. I highly recommend a stopover if travelling south.
Notes and Tips:
-Take insect repellent for mosquitos.
-There are no toilets.
-There are two picnic tables available inside Gnomesville.
-If you decide to place a gnome or a family of gnomes it is advisable to keep it away from the river and stream as it has flooded few times in the past.
- Denmark Thrills Adventure Park - May 1, 2019
- Poynter Market Duncraig - May 13, 2017
- Feral Brewing Company, Swan Valley - March 9, 2017
- Scarlet Woods Chalets, Pemberton - March 9, 2017
- Lavender and Berry Farm, Pemberton - March 9, 2017
- The Bush Shack Brewery, Yallingup - February 10, 2017
- Mack Daddys Pizza, Mount Lawley - January 27, 2017
- Bayswater Waves - November 16, 2016
- Scooter Tricks and Skills, Esplanade Youth Plaza, Fremantle - July 8, 2016
- Lego Club at Woodvale Library - May 17, 2016