Melbourne and Sydney gets Messina Gusto Gelato. Meh! Get ready Perth, we have.. GUSTO GELATO! Equally smooth. Equally good. Located along Newcastle Street, just next door to Jus Burgers, the perfect place to stop by after a meal in Leederville. Owner Sean Lee actually graduated from Carpigiani Gelato University in Bologna and now runs Gusto Gelato in Perth.When we got there about 7.30pm most of the flavours have already run out. They were still churning fresh gelato like crazy when arrived, a testament of the quality and freshness of their gelato. We managed to try vanilla, mascapone with cocoa and zabaione. They were all AMAZING! Plenty of seats inside and out, but my favourite ones are along the back where you can sit and watch all the happenings in the kitchen.
The freshest ingredients blended, roasted, mixed, whisked, gelato churned, watch it come out of the machine, placed in the blast chiller and straight into the freezer ready to be scooped. The strawberry gelato contains no less then 40% fresh strawberries! All natural ingredients and its as fresh as fresh can be. Dairy free options are available too.We even got to sample the caramelised white chocolate when it first came out of the churning machine (I’m sure theres a proper name for this). HEAVENLY! So many more flavours I have yet to try and no doubt I’ll be going back there as soon as possible. Oh and they’re so so close to the newly opened Oxford Street Reserve Playground Gelato playdate anybody?
- Stacked Cafe, Fremantle - March 27, 2019
- The Quarter Acre Hotel, Applecross - February 26, 2019
- Perth Mango Farm - February 23, 2019
- May Street Larder, East Fremantle - February 20, 2019
- Someday Coffee Co, Floreat - February 17, 2019
- Myer Santaland, Perth - November 15, 2018
- Steamlab: Coffee and Tea Specialist, Applecross - October 3, 2018
- Lena Strawberry Farm, Anketell - September 1, 2018
- Incredibles 2 Immersive Zone, Karrinyup Shopping Centre - July 9, 2018
- LEGO Play Zone, Claremont Quarter - July 3, 2018