Hardware Cafe used to be the local hardware store converted into a cafe by the owners who are both chefs. The hardware theme runs throughout, with cutlery and serviettes supplied on each table in a toolbox, hardware themed decor and wall hangings and the inspiration behind some of the names of items on the menu! My little one was delighted to spot saws and tools around the place.
There’s a selection of children’s meals, from pancakes to chicken nuggets and chips, sausage and chips or nachos to list a few. Prices are very reasonable, with most of the meals being $10 although the pancakes on the breakfast menu were only $6 and were very yummy.
The babycino was the biggest we’ve ever been served. There are coloured pencils and colouring sheets available to keep children entertained at the table.
Outside in the alfresco area, there are some toys, blackboards and children’s table and chairs. We didn’t discover this until after we had eaten, but next time we’ll sit outside. This area is easily viewed from any table outside so the kids can happily play while you relax with a coffee.
The biggest draw for my toddler was a barrel with gold fish in it. It’s just the right height for toddlers’ hands though so younger ones will need a close eye kept on them.
Overall the cafe is very child-friendly and offers a variety of ways to keep them busy and happy! As a bonus, the food is delicious! We went for breakfast and ordered the “full toolbox” and the “half toolbox”, both a cooked breakfast with a variation of what is offered, tomatoes, beans, sausages etc. The portions were very generous and thoroughly enjoyed. The menu offers a large selection of meals from muesli to omelettes, to burgers and curry.
There’s also a display cabinet with a range of sweet and savoury options, all of which looked amazing. The usual selection of hot and cold drinks are on offer along with some fresh juices too.
Hardware Cafe is open until 5 pm each day and opens at 6.30am weekdays or 7.30am weekends.
- Something Italian, Merriwa - November 14, 2017
- Guzman y Gomez, Westfield Whitford City - October 11, 2017
- Prince of Wales Hotel Bistro Bunbury - September 4, 2017
- Corners on King Bunbury - September 4, 2017
- Bunbury Wildlife Park - May 29, 2017
- Music Together with Sarah - May 11, 2017
- Discovery Park-Koombana Bay Holiday Park - March 29, 2017
- WA Museum Discovery Zone at The State Library of WA - March 13, 2017
- Hardware Cafe, Quinns Rocks - February 4, 2017
- Craigie Leisure Centre - January 31, 2017