Hillarys Harbour Resort is a stunning harbour side apartment resort, which is a fantastic base for trips to AQWA, Rottnest, the northern beaches and of course Sorrento Quay. Perfectly placed by the ocean, the resort is seconds from the bustling shops and cafes of the quay and within walking distance of many family friendly attractions. A plus is that the apartments are self contained, giving you lots of flexibility.
And why was I staying so close to home? Staycations are becoming more and more popular with our busier lifestyles and tighter budgets. Not only would the resort be a great place to stay if you had an event or wedding in the area, but it’s also ideal for people from country areas or south of the river to enjoy the north coast of Perth.
The friendly receptionist checked me in and handed me the room keys. As I stepped into room I was greeted by the spacious, modern kitchen and beyond that a view over the ocean from the balcony. The whole apartment was immaculately clean and really well maintained.
There was also a surprise on the breakfast bar – a welcoming gift of wine and a breakfast basket. What a lovely touch.
Here’s a tour around the 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment I stayed in…
The spacious open plan living area has comfy sofas which overlooks the balcony.
When you’re not gazing out to sea, there’s also dining table and a desk.
The kitchen has everything you’d need to cook up a feast, with an oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and more. It would be perfect for longer stays. There’s even a laundry hiding away behind some of the cupboards.
My ocean view bedroom was dominated by a comfy bed and had plenty of storage space in the wardrobes.
The spacious ensuite was well appointed with a big rain shower, as well as good quality toiletries.
For the kids, there’s a second twin bedroom, which also had its own ensuite bathroom with shower. For larger families, 3 bed apartments are also available.
– Free wifi
– Seating on ocean-view balcony
– docking stations
– reverse cycle air-conditioning
Hillarys Harbour Resort Features
– Free, secure underground parking
– A pool, spa, paddling pool and sun loungers
– Barbeque and outside dining area
– A shady fenced and gated kids play area with blackboard
– Easy access to Hillarys Boat Harbour via a gate
The shallow, shaded paddling pool is ideal for little ones to have a splash about.
The pool and spa looked very inviting too. If my itinerary hadn’t been so full, I’d have happily lazed on a sun lounger with a girly novel.
You really don’t need to travel far to get that relaxed holiday feeling! Hillarys Harbour Resort is an excellent place to stay to make the most of AQWA, Rottnest Fast Ferries and more of the attractions in the Hillarys Boat Harbour area.
- Kid-friendly Hotels and Resorts for a Perth Family Staycation - July 15, 2019
- The Local on Waratah, Dalkeith - July 12, 2019
- Lady Latte Cafe Scarborough - July 11, 2019
- Kid Friendly Pizza Restaurants in Perth - June 30, 2019
- Leapfrogs Cafe Wanneroo - June 30, 2019
- Best Mini Golf Courses in Perth - June 28, 2019
- Rainy Day Activities in the Margaret River Region - June 18, 2019
- Things to do in Mundaring with Kids - June 15, 2019
- Kid Friendly Restaurants with Log Fires in Perth - June 13, 2019
- Mundaring Weir With Kids - June 11, 2019