If you have a muggle that’s obsessed with the Harry Potter books and movies then Hogwartz is a must see when holidaying in Bali. Formally known as The Pub, it underwent renovations last year to become Hogwartz. It now provides dinner and a show for all the family.
On arriving at the venue you will have to run at the brick wall on Platform 9 ¾ to enter. The inside looks like the main hall of Hogwarts School of Wizardry, with long tables and exposed beams. The walls are adorned with posters from the films. One corner had a large flat-screen playing the movies. Even the toilets are themed, instead of Ladies’ and Men’s, its Harry and Hermione, you may even see moaning Myrtle!
The menu consists of Western and Indonesian favourites, you can even get Butter Beer! The kids menu had choices ranging from 75,000Rp to 55,000Rp (about $7.50-$5.50). I recommend the kid’s Spaghetti Abracadabra, it looks like the fork is levitating!
Every night the staff put on a live show. There are dancers, magicians and illusionists. The kids’ show starts at 6.30pm and a more adult show starts at 7.30pm. There are different shows on different nights, so check the website prior to see what’s on. Friday night is the most popular, when the illusionist is on. We went on a Monday and saw the dancers and the parlour magician, it was old school magic, card tricks etc, but very funny (even my husband liked it and he hates magicians!). The staff are all dressed up, even the waitresses are dressed in Hogwarts school uniform.
Hogwartz Restaurant, Bali
Hogwartz is located in Kuta at Jl. Buni Sari No.1. It is on a small one-way street, so to save time in the infamous Kuta traffic you can get dropped off at Bemo corner and walk the 50m south to the venue. You can miss it, it’s the one with Dumbledore at the door!
- The Gingerbread House, Boyanup - November 10, 2018
- Perth Upmarket, Crawley - November 7, 2018
- Flower Design School Birthday Party - October 11, 2018
- RAC Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort - October 10, 2018
- Optus Stadium Tour - August 13, 2018
- Circus Waterpark, Bali - July 19, 2018
- The Camfield, Optus Stadium - July 3, 2018
- The Lookout, Scarborough - July 3, 2018
- City of Wanneroo Community Art Awards & Exhibition - June 5, 2018
- Hogwartz Restaurant, Bali - May 7, 2018