Hurricanes Grill Hillarys Boat Harbour is a popular hang out for families seeking a relaxed dining experience overlooking the beach and Harbour of Sorrento Quay. Famous for its delicious ribs and sauce we were keen to check it out.
Hurricanes Grill Hillarys Boat Harbour is a popular hang out for families seeking a relaxed dining experience overlooking the beach and Harbour of Sorrento Quay. Famous for its delicious ribs and sauce we were keen to check out.
The restaurant is positioned toward the end of the Sorrento Quay boardwalk with undercover alfresco tables as well as an inside option both up and downstairs. There are high chairs available for the little ones and the main toilets are up some very very steep stairs.
The menu is abundant with many delicious options to suit any meat or fish lover with just 2 vegetarian options. The Daddy chose the Hurricane’s Rib Medley, pork, beef and lamb ribs all smothered in an unctuous smokey sweet sticky sauce with a side and salad. On the two occasions we’ve visited the Husband has had to have a carry home option and he has a huge appetite 😉 You’ve been warned!
The Mummy (that’s me) ordered the half rack of beef ribs, with a side of veggies. I much prefer the beef ribs over the pork and lamb, mainly because they’re HUGE ribs and very meaty.
The kids’ menu is recommended for kids under 12 years old and comes displayed an ocean themed colouring in sheet and includes burgers, fried chicken, fish & chips, mac ‘n cheese, cutlets and a medley of pork, lamb and beef ribs with an option for ice cream and chocolate sauce for dessert.
Mr 9 ordered the kids burger and Miss nearly 7 ordered the ribs. Portion sizes are big so great value if you have a good eater or older child.
Hurricane’s usually do a cocktail option and I can’t resist an Espresso Martini on a Friday night.
We were all offered bibs which the kids thought was hilarious!
This will be a local regular family meal out for us as we love hanging around Sorrento Quay to peruse around the shops and for the kids to have a good run around and play on the beach playground.
- Koombana Foreshore Playground - March 14, 2018
- Horrocks Caravan Park - February 14, 2018
- Bella’s Cupcake World Cafe Joondalup - February 12, 2018
- Just Jump Wanneroo - February 12, 2018
- School Holidays WA 2018 - December 19, 2017
- Rooftop Movies Perth - December 14, 2017
- Sand Dunes Sandy Cape Reserve Dundaragan - November 19, 2017
- Epicurean Restaurant at Crown Towers Perth - November 17, 2017
- The Junction Icecreamery Woodbridge - November 12, 2017
- Artesian Hot Tub – Peron Homestead Precinct Denham - November 10, 2017