Just outside the main hub of Geraldton is an amazing restaurant – Indian Sunset. Had my husband not visited on a work trip with rave reviews, we would never have thought to stop. Luckily we did and it far surpasses its modest street appearance. Plenty of seating options from outdoor alfresco…or indoors, most have ocean views and the opportunity to watch the sunset as you dine.
For families with younger children Indian Sunset starts serving dinner at 4:30, which for us was perfect as we were enroute to Monkey Mia. The staff were very friendly and extremely patient with our crazy quartet.At this early hour there were no other patrons so the kids could walk around and explore, though I imagine it does get packed once the sun goes down. We sat inside with a great view and lovely light, airy surrounds.
The decor is bright and colourful and we all enjoyed a few familiar Bollywood tunes while we waited for our food……which was amazing. The menu is extensive and took us a little while to decide – but you could easily go nuts and just roll over to the beach and walk it off afterwards! We enjoyed a few curries and my favourite – Saag Paneer ( a delicious cheese and spinach dish). Yum!The kids menu was equally amazing with the usual western grub and some traditional fare: Kashmiri Pulao (sweet rice with nuts and dried fruits), cheese Naan with ricotta, nuts and dried fruit, and a sweet favourite – Gulab Jamun (milk dumplings in sugar syrup). Our kids tried most of our meals and were keen for mango and strawberry lassis which they happily slurped up.
Be sure to try Indian Sunset when in Geraldton for great atmosphere, beautiful food at reasonable prices in a kid friendly location – adjacent the beach!
For more information visit www.indiansunsetrestaurant.com.au
- Wayman Reserve, East Fremantle - November 22, 2018
- Brook 508 Cafe & Restaurant, Roleystone - November 8, 2018
- Roleys on the Ridge, Roleystone - September 7, 2018
- Fairies Forever Birthday Parties, Armadale - September 6, 2018
- LaBuda Juice Bar, North Beach - September 6, 2018
- Waroona Dam – Lake Navarino - September 6, 2018
- Waroona Hotel, Waroona - September 6, 2018
- Champion Lakes Nature Space and Ampitheatre - August 10, 2018
- Lesmurdie Falls, Base Trail - August 6, 2018
- Swan Valley Amazing Valley Chase - July 17, 2018