JBento once started off as a pop-up joint in Victoria park and have since taken up a permanent spot in Mount Pleasant. A humble little Japanese joint serving up fresh Japanese cuisine, JBento is now one of our local favourite go-to place. I just love how they serve up their meal in these unique bento boxes (if you choose the bento box option), each with their individual compartments for all the dishes. I find the bento box perfect for sharing with the little one.
When you enter, the menu is displayed on the board and you just order at the counter and have seat. Free hot and cold matcha tea is available, the perfect accompaniment to your meal.
Our favourites so far is the karaage chicken bento box. It comes with your mains of choice, 2 onigiri topped with furikake (rice), japanese potato salad with tobiko, wakame salad and crisp green salad. If you’re wanting beef, their miso butter scotch fillet is a must-have!
They also offer take-away options, which also comes in their sturdy bento box, perfect to be taken down to the park or a river picnic, which is just a 5 mins walk from the shop. Deep water point playground is a stones throw away too.
To finish the meal, you have to try their specially imported from Japan sorbet and ice cream. My personal favourite to have after my meal is the yuzu sorbet. Its citrusy its refreshing and just cleanses the palate perfectly. The little one always chooses the black sesame ice cream, also another perfect choice.
After the meal, cross over the road and there you’ll find a neat little playground. You could even have a picnic there.
If you’re in the hunt for some wholesome healthy fresh Japanese, give JBento a go! You’ll be back for more no doubt.
21-23 Queens Road, Mount Pleasant
Mon-Sat: 11.30am – 9.00pm
Sun: 11.30am – 3.00pm
- The Açai Corner, South Perth - April 17, 2018
- Perth Mango Farm - February 1, 2018
- Brotzeit Kids Bingo - January 23, 2018
- Santa Photography at Garden City - December 6, 2017
- Freshwaters, Peppermint Grove - November 21, 2017
- Myer Santaland, Perth - November 14, 2017
- Underground at Allendale Square, Perth - September 27, 2017
- Roho Bure, South Fremantle - September 15, 2017
- Daisies, Cottesloe - September 10, 2017
- Bib and Tucker North Fremantle - September 10, 2017