A visit to the Hills was long overdue. We have been living in Perth for three years and never visited the Hills. On Sunday on the spur of the moment we decided to take a drive to visit John Forrest National Park for a lunch and a walk.
The John Forrest Tavern is located inside the National Park.
At the entrance of the Tavern there is a very old STOCK; the kids found it amusing inserting their hands and head for a picture.
The Restaurant is open every day of the week for Lunch but only Friday and Saturday for Dinner and Sunday all day.
A wide corridor with a book shelf with an extensive selection of books and a video game separates the dining area from the pub area.
The dining area is very small with about 8 dining tables.
In the pub area there is pool table and a juke box.
From the pub area it is possible to access the outdoor alfresco where there are few tables and two BBQs.
In the bushes just next to the alfresco area some kangaroos and ducks were chillin’ keeping an eye on proceedings. The boys amused themselves here while we were waiting for our food.
The food range is what you would expect at a pub/tavern and prices are very reasonable.
There are also specials of the day on the board at the entrance to the Tavern.
We ordered fish bites and chips for the kids $8
My husband ordered the salt and pepper squid with chips $15
I asked my husband to order the steak and chips ($15) for me as I thought it was the special of the day but I did not realise it was from 4pm so instead they brought me the HUGE porterhouse steak with chips, salad and onions ($29). My husband took the blame so he gladly helped himself to half of my steak! 😉
For the thirsty ones there is an impressive selection of draft, lager and ale to choose from.
The Tavern its a great spot for lunch or just to quench your thirst after a walk in the National Park.
After lunch we went for walk with the kids and explored the beautiful John Forrest National Park.
- Poynter Market Duncraig - May 13, 2017
- Feral Brewing Company, Swan Valley - March 9, 2017
- Scarlet Woods Chalets, Pemberton - March 9, 2017
- Lavender and Berry Farm, Pemberton - March 9, 2017
- The Bush Shack Brewery, Yallingup - February 10, 2017
- Mack Daddys Pizza, Mount Lawley - January 27, 2017
- Bayswater Waves - November 16, 2016
- Scooter Tricks and Skills, Esplanade Youth Plaza, Fremantle - July 8, 2016
- Lego Club at Woodvale Library - May 17, 2016
- Margaret River Old Settlement - March 23, 2016