Something we love to do on a weekend is have a wander around a farmers market. The weekly Saturday Joondalup Growers Market has moved to leafy Neil Hawkins Park. The market a little smaller than when it was at Central Park. The good news is that there’s plenty of free parking and it’s very family friendly (being next to the playground!). At the Joondalup Growers Market you can stock up your fridge with super fresh fruit and veggies, as well as grab something tasty for breakfast.
There are local fresh fruit, vegetable and meat sellers (regular and organic), where I noticed that the produce looked like its very good quality.
Enjoy a delicious coffee (from a kombi!) and brekkie at the park. There’s plenty of tables around, or throw down a picnic rug.
It’s a lovely spot on Lake Joondalup and the live entertainment gives the market a great atmosphere.
There is take away food available, stalls and trucks change regularly, as well as freshly squeezed juices.
The market is still new to the park, so I suppose with local support it can will grow. It’s ideal for kids, as it’s situated right next to the soft fall playground.
The Joondalup Growers Market is on each Saturday from 8am to 12pm and the line-up of stalls change a little each week. There are public toilets onsite. It’s best to take cash as there isn’t an ATM at the market, I noticed that some stalls do take EFTPOS. Be sure to support local and check it out!
Find Joondalup Growers Market at Neil Hawkins Park, Woodswallow Close, Joondalup.
Find more markets in Perth
- Best Cafes for Mum’s Groups in Perth – South & Perth Hills - December 13, 2019
- Beaches with Playgrounds in Perth - December 12, 2019
- The Best Water Slides in Perth - December 11, 2019
- Best Cafés for Mums Groups in Perth – North and Swan Valley - December 9, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide to Trains in Perth & WA - November 22, 2019
- Best Museums in Perth for Kids - November 7, 2019
- The Kewdale Tavern, Kewdale - October 24, 2019
- Burns Beach Twilight Markets - October 15, 2019
- 3 Sheets on the Lake, Woodlands - October 15, 2019
- Laneway Seven, Ellenbrook - October 14, 2019