Joondalup Public Library is the largest of the four branch libraries in the City of Joondalup.
With a dedicated Kids Corner equipped with a great variety of books, toys, puzzles, gorgeous hot air balloon seating, and cushions it is a great place to visit with children of all ages.
As a mum of a feisty toddler I loved that they have heaps of board books for him to practice turning pages and independently look at the pictures.
Miss 6 loved reading the big picture books while pretending to be a classroom teacher.
I was also very impressed with the ‘Beginner Reader’ section, Miss 6 easily found a book that interested her and happily picked it up to read – I wish home reading was always that easy!
Located around the library there are other of games, puzzles and hangout spots of older children and adults. Free WiFi is also available.
Joondalup Library offers a range of activities for children;
– Baby Rhyme Time for babies 0-18 months, Mondays at 10am during the school term. Saturday sessions also available, visit the website for dates and times. Free.
– Toddler Time for children 18 to 30 months, Fridays at 10am during the school term. Free.
– Story Time for children 2 to 4 years, Wednesdays & Thursdays at 10am. Free.
– Lego Club for children 5 to 12 years, Thursday 4pm – 5pm during the school term. $2 per session.
There is plenty of free and paid parking. Underground parking and lift access for prams and wheelchairs. Vending machines, toilets and baby change room located in the main foyer.
Joondalup Public Library is located at 102 Boas Ave, Joondalup.
For more information and opening hours click here
- The City of Perth Christmas Lights Trail - November 18, 2018
- TGI Fridays, Westfield Carousel - November 15, 2018
- Kaleidoscope Festival 2018 - October 31, 2018
- DFO Perth - October 18, 2018
- Rug Rats on Ice at Xtreme Ice, Mirrabooka - October 15, 2018
- Bricktober Perth - October 6, 2018
- Spring in the City - September 25, 2018
- School Holiday Shopping Centre Activities - September 18, 2018
- iPlay, Westfield Carousel - September 6, 2018
- D’Uva’s Strawberry Picking, Wanneroo - September 3, 2018