The Perth Hills has welcomed the hugely popular monthly Kalamunda Night Markets back for the summer season! The street market is held once a month on a Friday night, 6pm til 9pm.
We checked out the first night market in October, which closes down the main Haynes Street to pedestrians. Both sides of the road are lined with a mix of food trucks, hawker food stalls, as well as vintage cars and live entertainment.
Down Central walk, where the weekly farmers markets are held, you’ll find loads of arts, giftware and craft stalls too.
There’s a huge choice of cuisines from all around the world… This huge pan of sesame lamb shanks bubbling away looked and smelled absolutely mouthwatering.
Here’s our pick of what we’ve tried:
Little Chef loved the Porta Pizza Meatlovers ($16), topped with ham, Italian sausage and bacon. Look out for their dessert pizza too!
I can never resist a satay and the whiff of charred meats lured me in, as well as the promise of a gluten free dinner with no hidden nasties. There were satay sticks galore from Satay Satay.
Little Chef was “accidentally healthy” choosing Coco Whip for his dessert. A soft serve, dairy, gluten and nasty-free dessert made from coconut milk.
My parents ordered a “fat Indian” each ($10), from the friendly guys at the Bombay Knights truck. This was two veggie samosas, a chickpea mesala and chutney.
Then my Dad and I shared lip-smacking ribs n beans from the US of A at the Smokin BBQ Bus.
The big line up of trucks and vendors changes each month, some of them may include:
• Huge dishes of paella from Paitu Maca
• Freshly cooked stir fry from Pete’s Broome Noodles
• European, Middle Eastern and Asian cuisine by Empire
• Vietnamese street food from Banh Mi
• Delicious GF Columbian empanadas from Marcelita’s
• Italian food by The Pasta Truck
• Swirling potatoes on a stick by Stick House
• Brightly coloured Snowcones and Slushies
There are loads of buskers around playing live music, and a fun Silent Disco with flashing headphones. The entertainment changes for each market and may include a face painter; wandering fairies who conduct fairy door tours – visiting the fairy doors scattered around Kalamunda, petting zoo and craft activities.
We’re always really impressed with the Kalamunda Night Markets. It can get very busy and I’d recommend getting there early to secure a table.
Upcoming Kalamunda Night Markets Dates:
Friday 24th November 2017
Friday 15th December (Christmas Market – Santa will visit and there’s a gift for the first 120 children)
Friday 19th January 2018
Friday 16th February 2018
Friday 16th March 2018
Friday 20th April 2018
For more info check out their website.
- Best Outdoor Cinema Perth – including roof top cinema and drive in cinema - December 12, 2018
- Masonmill Gardens, Carmel - December 6, 2018
- Rottnest Island Explorer Bus - November 30, 2018
- Kapitol Kitchen, Wanneroo - November 30, 2018
- Quality Resort Sorrento Beach - November 15, 2018
- Caves Road Collective, Wilyabrup - November 15, 2018
- Embers, Gooseberry Hill - November 15, 2018
- Mirvac Compass Apartments, Leighton Beach - November 2, 2018
- Hillarys Harbour Resort - October 28, 2018
- AQWA, Hillarys - October 25, 2018