Kids Sailing Perth – we signed up the kids for Tiny Tackers Club at Hillary’s Yacht Club during the school holidays and what a fantastic time they had. The kids were enrolled in a games-based sailing program for kids aged 7-12 years old. The kids didn’t have any previous experience with kids sailing so this was a great introduction for them. You also don’t need to be a member of the kids sailing yacht club, although we were very tempted by the time the course was finished. It’s such a great atmosphere and club to be a part of.
The Course was for 4 days, from 8:30am – 1:30pm and cost around $200 per child. The Kids Sailing Tackers Program is delivered in small groups by a Yachting Australia qualified Instructor and Assistant Instructors.
There are three levels that kids can progress through:
- Tackers 1 – Having Fun
- Tackers 2 – Tricks & Techniques
- Tackers 3 – Sailing Fast!
If the kids pass all the sailing challenges during the training they receive the Tackers 1 certificate and can move onto the next level on another course.
On day 1 the kids and parents meet in the undercover area at Hillarys Yacht Club for a safety briefing, what to expect from the day and the course in general. Parents then leave the kids in the safety of the instructors and young helpers.
All kids receive a Tiny Tackers hat and long sleeve rashie which were pretty cool!
The weather wasn’t too great for us on the first day so the kids spent a lot of time doing practical stuff on land. Thankfully the rest of the week was much better but it was a big choppy for them.
The kids learn how to launch their boats and get them out of the water safely. All kids have to help out and are given lots of guidance and help from the instructors and helpers.
The Kids Sailing Perth instructors go out with the kids in separate boats to help out and give instructions. On day one our kids were unfortunate and they collided with another boat and ended up in the water, they both had life jackets on and learnt a lot from the experience and were taught how to deal with capsizing a boat.
The kids practising their tacking out in the ocean. You’re welcome to stay and watch the kids if you wish, it’s quite good fun as you watch them from the beach as well as from the yacht club.
All hands on deck as they return from their days sailing training.
The kids were exhausted after each day and had the BEST FUN ever!! They made lots of new friends and learnt some amazing and useful skills for the future.
Kids Sailing Perth – Tiny Tackers Perth
- The Rainbow Jungle Parrot Breeding Centre, Kalbarri - November 5, 2018
- Kalbarri National Park Z-Bend River Trail Lookout and Walk - October 30, 2018
- Bluff Knoll with Kids, Stirling Ranges - October 30, 2018
- Kids Sailing Perth – Tiny Tackers at Hillarys Yacht Club - October 29, 2018
- Shaana Cafe Yallingup - October 23, 2018
- Cycling on Rottnest Island - October 14, 2018
- Top places for grocery shopping in Perth - September 28, 2018
- Lobster Shack Cervantes - July 25, 2018
- Stirling Ranges Retreat Caravan Park - June 25, 2018
- Kindergarten Guide for Perth 2018 - June 7, 2018