Koombana Foreshore Playground is at the heart of Bunbury and opened in late 2017. The Koombana Bay Foreshore area is a great stop point to let the kids run off some energy if you’re travelling to the South West of WA. Or if you’re staying at once of the local caravan parks or hotels in Bunbury. The location is perfect for an energetic play followed by a dip in the sea to cool off, so remember the kids bathers if you’re heading here as the sea is very inviting from the foreshore.
The main feature of the playground is the two bright red funnels with a connecting rope bridge, metal slide and two climbing nets.
Next to the red funnels are some swing sets including a small next swing set under shade sails.
The park has a smaller play area suitable for toddlers with a smaller metal slide .
The area my kids spent of their time was the water play! Lots of water pumps and areas to fill and empty with water. This requires the kids to work together to get the whole mechanism to work 😉
At the top end of the park is a huge flying fox more suited to older kids 😉 This area isn’t covered with shade so queuing for your turn can get quite hot.
There are plenty of seating options with and without shade around the playground.
The shaded picnic shelters would make great birthday party locations as there’s plenty of BBQ’s and grassed areas around the playground.
What a great view from your outdoor kitchen!
If you want to cool off an energetic play on the park then the foreshore beach is a great location with shallow waters and shade sails.
There’s a shower and toilet block conveniently situated next to a large cafe, Hello Summer Kiosk. We stopped off at Koombana Foreshore Playground on our way back from Busselton, the drive from the main freeway isn’t too far and well worth it to the let the kids run around for an hour.
- The Crooked Carrot Myalup - April 16, 2018
- RAC Karri Valley Resort - April 13, 2018
- Koombana Foreshore Playground - March 14, 2018
- Horrocks Caravan Park - February 14, 2018
- Bella’s Cupcake World Cafe Joondalup - February 12, 2018
- Just Jump Wanneroo - February 12, 2018
- School Holidays WA 2018 - December 19, 2017
- Rooftop Movies Perth - December 14, 2017
- Sand Dunes Sandy Cape Reserve Dundaragan - November 19, 2017
- Epicurean Restaurant at Crown Towers Perth - November 17, 2017