If you’re in Ellenbrook, visiting one of the many parks or the brilliant Rainbow Waters water playground, be sure to pop into Laneway Seven for a bite to eat. Little Chef and I had been checking out the new Hesperia Playground (with its huge slide!) and stopped by for morning tea and a game of monkeys.
The café, found opposite the main Ellenbrook Shopping Centre, has a trendy feel and there’s plenty of spots to pull up a chair – high tables, cosy sofas, and lots of regular tables too. There’s plenty of parking found at the rear of the café.
For kids, there’s lots of colouring, board games, books and activities to keep them busy at the table. Highchairs are also available for little ones.
Being school holidays, I treated myself to an extra-large coffee, which was very good. I most definitely needed a caffeine boost to keep up with Little Chef’s energy!
He sipped his extra chocolaty babycino and marshmallow.
As well as a large brunch and lunch menu, there’s tempting cakes, slices and sandwiches in the display cabinet.
I chose a gluten free toasted pumpkin bread, similar to banana bread (which they also offer). It was fresh, and so tasty with a little butter melting into it.
A small menu offers child sized meals. Little Chef enjoyed a very sweet caramel slice.
Laneway Seven is a great little spot for a brunch, lunch, dinner or coffee and café catch up with kids in tow. It’s within about 2-3 minutes walking distance of Rainbow Waters too, making it ideal for grabbing take away food and drinks before heading to the water playground.
Find Laneway Seven at 42 Main Street, Ellenbrook.
Find out more info on their Facebook page.
- 10 Dôme Cafes Near Playgrounds - February 20, 2020
- Best Kid Friendly Cafes for Coffee & Cake in Perth - February 12, 2020
- Best Cafés for Mums Groups in Perth – North and Swan Valley - February 10, 2020
- Peppermint Green Coffee House, Joondalup - January 31, 2020
- The Best Things to See and Do at Whiteman Park - January 30, 2020
- The Beach House, Jindalee - January 24, 2020
- Maison Saint-Honoré, Floreat - January 20, 2020
- The Kid-Friendly Guide to Scarborough - January 15, 2020
- Best Mega Playgrounds – South of Perth - January 15, 2020
- Best Mega Parks – North of Perth - January 13, 2020