Leapfrogs Cafe in Wanneroo is a favourite family restaurant set amongst the beautiful Wanneroo Botanical Gardens. This makes it the perfect spot for a bit of lunch and mini golf!
Leapfrogs’ casual, but funky, alfresco dining area is mainly covered and the indoor dining area has been extended. The always bustling spot is open for breakfast, lunch (Tues-Sun) and dinner (Thurs– Sun).
As well as lots of specials on the board, there’s a huge menu that’s full of all sorts of food to enjoy – nachos, salads, burgers, parmi, pasta fish n chips and much more. Head Chef Mark Gill is formerly from Little Creatures – so it comes as no surprise that Leapfrogs also has fantastic pizzas. Woodfired pizzas are the speciality served Thursdays to Sunday. There’s a lot of different toppings to choose from and gluten free bases are on offer too. We particularly like to dine on a balmy summers evening!
For kids, high chairs are available. On the kids menu, as well as pizza (ham and cheese with the option of pineapple too), there’s pasta, a burger and more to choose from. Little Chef loves the pizza!
His dad is a little obsessed with meat lovers pizzas, so is no surprise he usually orders the “Carnivore” ($27) topped with prosciutto, hot pepperoni, ham, bacon, sausage and of course, mozzarella cheese.
I was looking for something light and opted for a baby squid salad, which is fresh and tasty.
And if you have room – there’s the dessert pizza… this epic creation is topped with marshmallows, chocolate custard, crumble and double cream! It’s got to be tried.
While you’re enjoying brunch, lunch or dinner at Leapfrogs, walking off all that delicious food with a game of golf is always a great idea. The Wanneroo Botanical Gardens are home to not one, but two mini golf courses. As well as a regular 18 hole course, there is also a Billiard Golf course, which is slightly different to regular mini golf. Both are lots of fun!
Kids will love exploring all the little pathways around the gardens. Be sure to watch little ones around the water features.
Bookings are recommended at Leapfrogs Café in Wanneroo, as it gets busy during evenings, particularly on weekends when there is often live acoustic entertainment. Leapfrogs is a top spot for a tasty family meal at any time of day!
Find Leapfrogs at 25 Drovers Place, Wanneroo.
Discover more family friendly restaurants in Perth here.
- Best Kid Friendly Cafes for Coffee & Cake in Perth - February 12, 2020
- Best Cafés for Mums Groups in Perth – North and Swan Valley - February 10, 2020
- Peppermint Green Coffee House, Joondalup - January 31, 2020
- The Best Things to See and Do at Whiteman Park - January 30, 2020
- The Beach House, Jindalee - January 24, 2020
- Maison Saint-Honoré, Floreat - January 20, 2020
- The Kid-Friendly Guide to Scarborough - January 15, 2020
- Best Mega Playgrounds – South of Perth - January 15, 2020
- Best Mega Parks – North of Perth - January 13, 2020
- Places to Watch the Australia Day Fireworks in and Around Perth - December 30, 2019