Locals Surf Shed is a quirky coffee and juice bar located on Stevenage Street in Yanchep. It’s non-descript exterior in an industrial area of Yanchep which means if you didn’t know it was there you’d probably drive by without noticing it.
Step inside and you are immediately relaxed by the chilled out, beach vibe atmosphere. Locals Surf Shed is a place you’d expect to find in one of the more ‘happening’ beach suburbs, not sleepy Yanchep!The décor is cool and quirky. Surf boards hang from the roof, an old chesterfield couch takes centre stage on a wooden verandah and retro televisions are positioned around the café.The big draw for families with young children is the small play area set up in the corner of the café. Our kids were quite happy drawing on the huge chalkboard walls for the entire time that we were there.On offer is a large and varied combination of fresh juices and smoothies. I went for the ‘Dawny’ – a delicious blend of Carrot, Apple, Ginger and Lemon. My companion chose the ‘Coconut Konig’ – a satisfying blend of coconut milk, mixed berries, banana and rice milk.The juice portions are quite plentiful so for our two 3 year olds we selected the ‘Sweet Wahine’ – Watermelon, apple and strawberry, for them to share. The staff offered to serve it in two separate smaller cups.There is a small range of baked goods on offer, such as lemon and pistachio muffins, pizza muffins, Zucchini bread and oat biscuits. All the food comes from local provider Chickpeas & Highseas, who specialise in raw, vegan, and sugar free treats.
Our 3 year olds really enjoyed the hearty toasted banana bread whilst I indulged in a slice of the yummy Carrot Cake.
We didn’t try the coffee but I’ve heard that it’s very good!
Locals Surf Shed doesn’t have a website but you can keep up to date by visiting their facebook page.
Locals Surf Shed is open daily from 8am – 5pm and is located at Unit 1/10 Stevenage Street, Yanchep
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
- Silks Crown Perth - January 9, 2019
- Ningaloo Dome Experience, WA Maritime Museum - January 6, 2019
- Kids Summer Fest, Elizabeth Quay - January 4, 2019
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - January 3, 2019
- Christmas ArtVo at Crown Perth - December 18, 2018
- Bistro 38 Champagne Carvery Chococlate Buffet at Joondalup Resort - December 2, 2018
- Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages - November 28, 2018
- Little Creatures, Fremantle - August 21, 2018
- Kids Wonderland 2018 Review, 4th – 8th July - July 2, 2018