Locals Surf Shed is a quirky coffee and juice bar located on Stevenage Street in Yanchep. It’s non-descript exterior in an industrial area of Yanchep which means if you didn’t know it was there you’d probably drive by without noticing it.
Step inside and you are immediately relaxed by the chilled out, beach vibe atmosphere. Locals Surf Shed is a place you’d expect to find in one of the more ‘happening’ beach suburbs, not sleepy Yanchep!The décor is cool and quirky. Surf boards hang from the roof, an old chesterfield couch takes centre stage on a wooden verandah and retro televisions are positioned around the café.The big draw for families with young children is the small play area set up in the corner of the café. Our kids were quite happy drawing on the huge chalkboard walls for the entire time that we were there.On offer is a large and varied combination of fresh juices and smoothies. I went for the ‘Dawny’ – a delicious blend of Carrot, Apple, Ginger and Lemon. My companion chose the ‘Coconut Konig’ – a satisfying blend of coconut milk, mixed berries, banana and rice milk.The juice portions are quite plentiful so for our two 3 year olds we selected the ‘Sweet Wahine’ – Watermelon, apple and strawberry, for them to share. The staff offered to serve it in two separate smaller cups.There is a small range of baked goods on offer, such as lemon and pistachio muffins, pizza muffins, Zucchini bread and oat biscuits. All the food comes from local provider Chickpeas & Highseas, who specialise in raw, vegan, and sugar free treats.
Our 3 year olds really enjoyed the hearty toasted banana bread whilst I indulged in a slice of the yummy Carrot Cake.
We didn’t try the coffee but I’ve heard that it’s very good!
Locals Surf Shed doesn’t have a website but you can keep up to date by visiting their facebook page.
Locals Surf Shed is open daily from 8am – 5pm and is located at Unit 1/10 Stevenage Street, Yanchep
- KidZania Singapore Review - July 8, 2019
- The Wild Fig Cafe, Scarborough - June 19, 2019
- The Slate Phuket Review - May 7, 2019
- Wanneroo Cuddly Animal Farm - April 25, 2019
- Blueback by Spare Parts Puppet Theatre - April 18, 2019
- Brickman Cities at the WA Maritime Museum - April 18, 2019
- The Importance Of Family Health Insurance When Travelling - April 16, 2019
- Cable Beach Club Resort and Spa, Broome - March 14, 2019
- Pullman Resort, Bunker Bay - February 4, 2019
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019