Magna Pizza in Fremantle is found at The Mantle, a converted warehouse overlooking Freo’s Port. It’s a haven for foodie families, with more than one taste bud tempting venue to eat at.
As well as Magna Pizza, the Mantle is also home to Don Tappa, Short Order Burger Co, Stampede Gelato and Alter Ego bar. We headed to Magna pizza for lunch. After a morning walking around Freo’s markets and shops, my boys were growing hungry. I suggested a spot that I knew would be foolproof… Magna Pizza. These two LOVE pizzas!
The Mantel has that casual, alternative vibe that Fremantle does so very well. I picked the bruschetta. So simple and tasty – and a steal at only $8. There are a few other appetisers to choose from including garlic bread.
Chef ordered the Cicerone pizza ($23). The Magna Pizza bases are made fresh using natural and traditional ingredients, and they let their dough rise for at least 36 hours. Topped with bolognese sauce, mozzarella, sausages, hot salami, capsicum, rosemary – he loved this delicious pizza!
Little Chef is an eight year old that is not afraid of a little spice. The Nerone ($20) tomato based pizza, with lashings of fresh chilli, mozzarella and hot salami, was right up his street. At the time we ate, there wasn’t a dedicated kids menu, but pizzas are so easy to eat, so we were happy to share with him!
If you’re still hungry, there is a scrumptious sounding Nutella, strawberries and cream dessert pizza! There’s a blackboard in the corner for keeping little hands busy.
And ping pong for big and little kids too.
Some of the venues were closed when we visited on a Sunday afternoon, so please check individual opening times first. We’d definitely head to Magna Pizza when we visit Freo again.
Find Magna Pizza at The Mantle, 1 James Street, Fremantle.
- Mount Helena Tavern, Mount Helena - February 18, 2019
- Mount Flora Museum, Watermans Bay - February 14, 2019
- Chakra, Inglewood - February 11, 2019
- Zephyr Café, East Fremantle - February 10, 2019
- The Little Bay, Watermans Bay - February 6, 2019
- Mistelle, Bickley - February 4, 2019
- Jaffle Shack, West Perth - January 25, 2019
- Village Coffee, Marmion - January 23, 2019
- Golden Ponds, Baldivis - January 15, 2019
- Watermans Bay Beach and Playground - January 10, 2019