Max Brenner Joondalup – We have discovered a fantastic café for all the chocoholics amongst us – the Max Brenner Chocolate Bar. It’s a coco haven that is found all over the world – from New York to Moscow. In WA it’s located at Lakeside Joondalup.
As a school holiday treat Little Chef and I had afternoon tea at the chocolate bar. It’s a lovely café, where you can indulge in something a little bit naughty and very, very nice! There’s indoor and alfresco seating, with high chairs available for little ones.
There’s no specific kids menu, but everything is perfect for kids big and small! There are a few smaller items marked as especially for kids. There’s a lot to choose from on their sweet menu; waffles, fudge brownies, chocolate pizza (yes really!), sundaes and much more. It was a tough decision and we ordered a Popsicle Fondue from the “Max I-scream” menu. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, but I was happy to share with Little Chef.
The creamy vanilla ice-cream popsicles are accompanied by a melted milk chocolate fondue, caramelised pecans and colourful sprinkles ($14.50). Little Chef had an absolute ball dipping his ice cream in all the sweet goodies to make his own popsicle creation – even if he did make quite a mess!
Little Chef had his favourite drink, a baby chino, with a chocolate twist.
Though their hot chocolates tempted me, I had an icy lychee and coconut white granita ($7.60) which was a tasty and very sweet fruit combo. I loved the tall ceramic glass it came in too.
There’s also an adjoining chocolate shop where you can buy chocolate and lots of other sweet goodies to take home. If you love San Churro and Koko Black you’re sure to enjoy a decedent treat at Max Brenner.
Find Max Brenner Joondalup at Station Square, Lakeside Joondalup.
- Golden Ponds, Baldivis - January 15, 2019
- Watermans Bay Beach and Playground - January 10, 2019
- Greenhorns Burger Bar, Perth CBD - January 9, 2019
- Burns Beach Cafe Burns Beach - January 3, 2019
- Moonlight Cinema, Kings Park - December 31, 2018
- King Road Brewing Co, Oldbury - December 21, 2018
- Places to Stop on the Way to South West WA - December 18, 2018
- Best Outdoor Cinema Perth – including roof top cinema and drive in cinema - December 12, 2018
- Masonmill Gardens, Carmel - December 6, 2018
- Rottnest Island Explorer Bus - November 30, 2018