Maylands Library is a fairly small library within The Rise building on Eighth Venue. Despite being small, it has a good sized inviting children’s area.
The children’s area has lots of easily accessible books, a small play kitchen, a play fire truck and a colourful mat with some fun seating options.
Miss 2 and Miss 4 loved the imaginary play and would look at some books for a short time and then run back to the kitchen and fire engine.
The library also has plenty of computers and a range of different seating areas for adults.
Baby Rhyme Time is held at 10am on Monday’s and Thursdays and Storytime is on at 10.30 on Tuesdays. There’s also a range of school holidays programs and adult classes that can be found on their website.
As the library is located within The Rise building, there’s a number of services that are available all in the one place. These include a gym, crèche and child health nurse. A great initiative, just outside the library entrance, that I haven’t seen before, is a gopher recharge and parking station.
The Rise, 28 Eighth Avenue, Maylands
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday; 9am – 8pm
Wednesday and Friday; 9am – 5.30
Saturday; 9am – 12pm
- Maylands Library, Maylands - November 7, 2018
- Inflatable World, Ballajura - October 10, 2018
- AH Bracks Library, Melville - September 27, 2018
- 2018 IGA Perth Royal Show - September 25, 2018
- Paper Bird Children’s Books and Arts, Fremantle - August 21, 2018
- Our Ruby Girl, Como - August 21, 2018
- Nest Cafe, Victoria Park - August 7, 2018
- Toddlerfest, Scitech - July 21, 2018
- Tropico, North Beach - July 19, 2018
- Tiago Kitchen & Coffee House, Joondalup - July 9, 2018